Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
What's the process like for updates after installing the developer preview? Does it automatically notify you of all future updates like DP2, DP3, all the way to the GM build? Or do you have to reinstall manually each time once a new update is available?

Like for iOS, all future updates are performed OTA, all the way up to the final GM build. Will it be this easy for OS X as well?

SantaRosa2.2

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Somewhere in Florida
I would dare to guess it's going to be like the Mountain lion developer previews last year you'll get updates through the App Store just as you would with normal operating system updates.

Last years Mountain lion developer previews I got the DP2 then GM all through the App Store updates.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Nobody really knows until it actually happens. They could release it via the app store which is probably most likely since it's what they did with Mountain Lion or they could make developers download it from the developer site.

DarkRyoushii

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
can someone who's running it post the results of:
Code:
cat /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
I'm interested to see if there is a difference in the Catalog this time around. Chances are that it will be the same as the ML seeds and if this is the case then it's probably just going to be updated through the app store again. (provided you have run your Seed Configuration Utility).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.