The Promenade in Temecula, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Odid, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Odid macrumors regular

Is anyone going to this new-ish location?

I was thinking to either going to this one or the one in Victoria Gardens but I think Victoria Gardens would have more traffic.

Haven't actually been there yet, is it a big location or small?

Also, anyone know if there's an at&t store nearby?

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

hmmm... contemplating going to this apple store now.... this store is SO much bigger than the victoria gardens one. hmm.. only concern would be the amount that they would get in (it being a relativly newer store would they have less stock? ) ... now i have a choice to make ....:confused::confused:

3. Odid thread starter macrumors regular

Went to the Victoria Gardens one last year. It was a MESS!

Got there around 6ish and there was already a long line for both reserve and non reserve.

Took me about 3 hours to get help from Apple, then it took me another 2 hours because of at&ts incompetence regarding my SS#. If I remember right, when I left after 12 the line was even longer and going behind the now paid parking in the back. It should be much worse this year.

I say get there early if you can and you should be fine.

4. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

Pretty sure I'll be going to this location rather than the Victoria gardens apple store . Hmm maybe I'll call in a few days to ask what they're policy is reguarding lining up eaarrrrrly

5. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

I live about 15 minutes from this Apple Store. I plan on going at about 7 or 8pm the night before. Anyone else?

6. marcello696 macrumors regular

I have a reserve and plan to show up at 5am, if people are planning to line up at 8pm the night before this is going to be a mess :(

7. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

i guess this means i need to rethink my definition of "early" .... dang lol

8. 24jg3520 macrumors newbie

Yo Christian!!!

Why so early man? You trying to set precedence for everyone else? I went in there yesterday to try to get some info about lineup and the manager didn't have any details yet. Regardless, I'll be there around midnight. Save me a spot and I'll bring cocktails! See ya!

9. marcello696 macrumors regular

Not sure how true this is as I am getting it 2nd hand but it looks like no one will be allowed to lineup at the Promenade until 6am per Mall security

10. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

lame if the above is true... don't want to take part in a stampede :(

11. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Haha, sounds good man! I'm going that early because I also lined up for the iPad launch and people were out there at 4, 5 PM. So, I want to make sure I'm up front and not have to worry about inventory. Plus, it's fun! :p Ha!

12. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

This is NOT true, the streets are open all night. Security doesn't hassle you at all. I was there for the iPad launch and we had no problems throughout the night. Not until 6AM did we see our first "mall cop".

13. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

hmm so people lined up the night before the launch of the ipad? maybe they will allow it this time too :)
    (*needs to get off this forum, have been checking contantly the last 3 days*)

14. marcello696 macrumors regular

That is good to hear, I will be up there at 5am to stand in the reserve line but I will have to make it a point to come and shake your hand for standing in line all night! :eek:

I am hopeful that I can get a 2nd phone for my wife since I was unable to get a reserve in for her but I'm getting too old to camp out all night :p

15. 24jg3520 macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with the rep at the store and he said the mall cops will not allow anyone in the street until lineup @ 0500. I also called the mall cops and they confirmed. They "said" they would cite people for loitering anytime before 0500. What to do now? Sure hoping to get one on my birthday!

16. Wolverinepwns macrumors newbie

Whats Going On!!!!

So whats the deal, I called the apple store and now they say they aren't sure! I'm planning on being there at like 9pm, but it would suck if they say you can't line up! as mentioned above they didn't give us any trouble for the iPad launch!!!

17. zachfersure macrumors newbie

i just called and they said it is officially 5am. im still going to try and line up around midnight because i dont have a preorder. Hopefully there wont be anyone there.

18. Wolverinepwns macrumors newbie

I wonder how much the Loitering ticket is! I'd pay 20 bucks not to be bothered again by the security again! haha!

19. zachfersure macrumors newbie

haha definitely! if i do get kicked out im probably just going to park in front of B&N or costco and get back in line every hour.

20. Odid thread starter macrumors regular

I was actually considering going to an at&t store but since they're not taking walk-ins. Apple store in Temecula it is!!! :D

Shame about not being able to line up till 5am.
    So it's going to be a free for all?? Oh lord. Someone should call in and say that people could be trampled so they could ease up a little.

21. Wolverinepwns macrumors newbie

same here!

22. 24jg3520 macrumors newbie

So what? We supposed to stretch out the hamstrings and lace up the track shoes. For those who did the ipad launch, how did it go that day? I know this launch is going to be different. What was the process? What do you guys think about this one? Hang around the new parking structure or do you think there will be some kind of informal line forming up somewhere before five around there somewhere? I don't imagine a free for all track meet at the crack of 5 o'clock.

23. Wolverinepwns macrumors newbie

I honestly feel that the whole point of forming a line is to prevent a stampede! which is guaranteed to happen if they don't let anyone line up till 5am!

24. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Haha, the old PF Flyers will do. :p (Ha! Siike, I'm only 17) But everyone, be assured that everything will be fine. Mall security doesnt do anything. At the iPad launch, people were there the night before and mall security did nothing. The "walk-in" line started to form around 5ish the night before, as mentioned above. I myself, was 1st in line for the "reserved" line, which formed on the other side of the door at about 4am. The doors opened and they accepted the reserves first. Simple and painless process. I dont know why Apple would tell you that mall security will be out in full force on their Segways, they wont. Its a bunch of Apple geeks, whats the most we can do, start an iRiot? Nah, we're good to go guys, just like the Taco Bell commercial. And also, to the guy above who said you would like to shake my hand, I'll be waitin for ya, and the phone, at 6PM sharp wednesday night. Peace.

25. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

hoping that security won't be turning people away, i wasn't able to get a reserve so wondering what time to get there and what to bring... (any suggestions? :p )

also would i have to have my phone there to be able to upgrade the line or is that something i can just leave at home?