The quality of my print is horrible with Leopard

kresh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Since I have upgraded to Leopard, I have noticed that everything I print is blurry. When I print with "Best" quality in Leopard it looks worse than "Draft" under Tiger.

I have an HP PSC 1400 and updated drivers, downloaded by software update in the printer preference pane.

Has any one else noticed a lowering of their print quality since upgrading to Leopard?

baummer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Since I have upgraded to Leopard, I have noticed that everything I print is blurry. When I print with "Best" quality in Leopard it looks worse than "Draft" under Tiger.

I have an HP PSC 1400 and updated drivers, downloaded by software update in the printer preference pane.

Has any one else noticed a lowering of their print quality since upgrading to Leopard?
Sounds like a printer software problem. Make sure you have the most current drivers and/or software installed.

PatrickC

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
I have an HP PSC 1410 and haven't experienced any reduction in print quality with Leopard.

PatrickC

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks for checking. I guess I'll try a re-calibration. I love the printer.
It might help to note that I did a clean install of Leopard and then downloaded the drivers from the HP website and re-installed the printer. Hope that helps.