The Queen as iPod Silhouette

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I've always wondered exactly what she keeps in that bag. Surely aides could carry her stuff around.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
The Queen just comes from a era when a lady always carried a handbag. A lady from the greatest generation.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
powermac666 said:
Anyone here have the skills to animate that image and set it to Vertigo by U2? :D
Please, can't we at least try to forget this whole U2 thing ever happened? That video is just embarrasssing.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
powermac666 said:
Anyone here have the skills to animate that image and set it to Vertigo by U2? :D
Perhaps iMeowbot can create a hoedown with the Queen, complete with earbuds... I see a new avatar contest winner here.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
She must be hiding something in there, because she goes for bags that look suspiciously like the one Felix the Cat used to carry. At the very least there must be a Batphone and some snacks for long boring meetings.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
iMeowbot said:
I've always wondered exactly what she keeps in that bag. Surely aides could carry her stuff around.
She probably has an iPod in there.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i've seen a handbag/purse/whatever that's a normal handbag/purse/whatever except it has speakers in one side and an ipod compartment in the side that's clear. kinda like an inmotion purse. i wonder if that's what that is?

EMKoper

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
Stafford, VA
The Real Dancers?

Does anyone know who the real dancers are in the iPod videos? Clearly the advertisements are using some of the same people over and over again... this particular dancer seems to be a "regular" and looks likes she is in great shape...

Attachments

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
wdlove said:
The Queen just comes from a era when a lady always carried a handbag. A lady from the greatest generation.
Well put.

A classy lady carried a proper handbag at all times. Not a stylish purse, but a simple and eloquent handbag

Interesting how times have changed.

Sushi

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
sushi said:
Well put.

A classy lady carried a proper handbag at all times. Not a stylish purse, but a simple and eloquent handbag

Interesting how times have changed.

Sushi
I think it's a generational thing and I'm sure some of it is utilitarian as well. I wonder why she carries such a large bag around though?

It's not interesting that times have changed but that times ALWAYS change. One or two generations of habits does not a tradition make.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I imagine that Her Majesty keeps a few tissues, some money, her driver's license, a bottle of aspirin, and perhaps an iPod in there, if she likes that sort of thing. But I'd bet money on there being Kleenex in Queen Elizabeth's purse.

spasticmutant

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
Santa Clara
JeffTL said:
I imagine that Her Majesty keeps a few tissues, some money, her driver's license, a bottle of aspirin, and perhaps an iPod in there, if she likes that sort of thing. But I'd bet money on there being Kleenex in Queen Elizabeth's purse.
I remember reading an article somewhere about this - they said the Queen keeps gloves in it. Lots and lots of pairs of gloves. She is constantly shaking hands with the public. This way she can meet and greet without getting a cold every week.

Anne Marie

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Ugg said:
I wonder why she carries such a large bag around though?
I remember reading that she uses her handbag as a way of signaling to her ladies-in-waiting. Depending on which area of which arm the bag is hanging, they know if she's happy talking to whoever she's talking to, or whether she needs rescuing. A faithful retainer can then usher her away to someone more interesting, without causing embarrassment.

Also, as well as the usual mints and pics of the grandkids, apparently she also carries a large meathook in there. When she's at a dinner, she uses the hook to hang her bag off the table so she can get to its contents without bending over in an unseemly way.

No self-respecting head of state should leave home without one.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
Macmaniac said:
I bet she has a crowd taser just in case someone gets a little too close. She is pretty cool in my opinion they don't make em like they used to. After Charles takes over I wonder where England's monarchy will be headed.
you do realize they are skipping Charles right? :rolleyes:

Applespider

macrumors G4
Jaffa Cake said:
Also, as well as the usual mints and pics of the grandkids, apparently she also carries a large meathook in there. When she's at a dinner, she uses the hook to hang her bag off the table so she can get to its contents without bending over in an unseemly way.
Lucky she doesn't have to go through airport security on state visits then. :eek: Assuming the Queen is not considered a terrorist threat!