The Queen of nothing has spoken, no absolution for those...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Sep 14, 2017.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

...who didn't vote for her. The anointed one, the one whose turn it was like an ancient monarchy, but was denied by voters, speaks about not letting women have absolution, because they didn't voter for her, since she's the victim of all of this.:rolleyes::rolleyes: She also IMO hints at a 2020 bid.

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

I'm so tired of Clinton. She acts as if she is the first presidential candidate to lose an election. I don't want absolution from her. I just want her to go away and be quiet.

I understand she is trying to hustle a buck with the book and the reporters want ratings. Same as during the 2016 general election season when reporters had nothing but Trump's ravings on TV.

I think I'll watch Gunsmoke :)

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

Keep her on TV all day, every day for the next 14 months. November 2018 bloodbath is just around the corner. :D

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

6. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I never voted for Hillary; I only voted against Trump.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

got a feeling Berni bros did the same thing, didn't vote trump but voted against the crooked one :D

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

She's not the queen of anything other than her house.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Monica Lewinski disagrees :D

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

That was a long time ago and the big H asked her heart about that one. ;)

11. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Hillary, please go away from the public eye forever now. Okay thanks, bye.

12. SusanK macrumors 68000

Clinton's absolution line is a hoot. She alienated many women over the years with her snarky remarks about everyday women. Marry and @ss wrangler, chose a career in public life, expect no embarrassment? Life doesn't work that way.

Putting down everyday women in an attempt to elevate yourself doesn't work. Fast forward and expect support from everyday women. Good luck with that.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

14. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

I don't agree w/ Albright since there are women who disagree w/ the position HRC took on, for instance, abortion rights. They have every right to vote against her on a single policy issue if it means so much to them.

And, since Clinton was definitely at least skating in the margins on the email / server issues, there is that stumbling block for people who considered that as more damning than Trump's assorted unprincipled behaviors.

However, Clinton's completely within her rights to disdain the idea of "absolution" for women who come up to her after the fact of the election and say they're so, so sorry that they didn't vote for her. Why should she "forgive" them? She doesn't own them: they had a choice, made it and should live with her disdain and their regret.

Regret for a vote (or for not voting) is maybe a teachable moment but it's of little use to anyone else than to the voter or potential voter who feels that regret. The candidate can't benefit from it, since there's no way to unring that bell, nor to know how to make that voter or some other ones not go down the same path next time around.

Who will be the 2020 Dem candidate? Let's say it's O'Malley. Is that regretful voter going to vote for O'Malley as a Democrat next time, or do like this past time, apparently: consider both candidates and pick the one seeming less distasteful at the moment in that contest. Who's to say O'Malley will stack up better than GOP candidate X in that particular and now regretful voter's mind?

To me regret on a vote is just nonsense. A lot of people only regret a vote when it wasn't for the winner...

15. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

[​IMG]

This bumper sticker, you want it, you NEED it.

16. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Hillary shares some of the blame for voter apathy, too. It's a candidate's job to energize and motivate the public. Even if people later apologized to Hillary for not voting for her, she's still on the hook for failing to make the case at the only time it mattered.

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

18. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

She may, however, be the first presidential candidate to lose an election due to collusion with a foreign power.;)

19. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Trump seems to have had success despite his deplorable attitude towards women.

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

Indeed. Why Trump was elected is still a mystery in some respects. He didn't run as a woman's president. This entire election was weird. I hope we don't have another like it in the near future.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It's the hair.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 ---
    They haven't proven that she colluded with Ukraine yet. Cool your jets.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Hmmm although she'd have been a terrible President, she's still significantly better than the clown who got in. I'm mystified as to how smug some people are over Hillarys loss.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

At least they admit they are wrong.

24. daflake macrumors 6502a

I'm not quite sure that would be the case. She would probably just walk around blaming other folks and countries for our problems. Seems to be her MO.