The Real Iraq We Knew

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Oct 17, 2007.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

In light of yet another former commander coming out against the war (Ricardo Sanchez says Iraq War is hopeless) and another telling us what most of us already knew about Iraq being about oil (‘Of course it’s about oil, we can’t really deny that’), I thought I'd also point out yet another article written by those who were actually there, actually fighting:

The Real Iraq We Knew

Which echos what I've heard from others who've been there.

There's more elsewhere too, even from other commanders, and how it's almost unprecedented:

Generals opposing Iraq war break with military tradition

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The military is, of course, about strict obedience to orders and not questioning command. But above all else, there is duty to country, and that is what we're seeing here.

Not that their criticism will help. God Himself could tell Bush to get out of Iraq, and he wouldn't do it.

3. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

God would get waterboarded.

4. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Well, Jesus would have been considered a dirty liberal hippy by today's standards.

It's been oddly quiet lately from the war supporters here for some reason with these threads. Maybe we're just stating the obvious, but not even a 9/11 or terrorists comment anymore. Maybe they've finally caught up to the rest of the country in realizing this is a clusterfashizzle with no end in sight.

5. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

This could be unpopular, but since so few have wandered in here, I might as well throw it out there:

Meeting Resistance - Know Thine Enemy