The real white iPhone 4 with images next to the black one for comparison

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTunes-Luv, Apr 20, 2011.

1. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Had a chance to touch a beta iPhone 4 yesterday. Here are some comparison images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I've seen all these photos before on tech/news sites. Please leave us alone you attention seeker. And I've also tried out a white iPhone 4, it was the Australian launch and the Vodafone store at my local mall has one demo white iPhone 4. They offered to sell it to me but stupidly I didn't accept the offer.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Chill bro.

From the pictures, I think id have to go black.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

How do we know this is a real white iPhone 4 beta?

5. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I love the look of the white iPhone 4, but who in their right mind would want one now instead of waiting for the next iPhone?

6. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Watch these things sell like hotcakes. Only Apple gets away with releasing a product 10 months late without saying anything, and 5 months before the next model. Lots of people are desperate for a new iPhone, some have been waiting for the white iPhone specifically, and some are just oblivious to the fact that the iphone 5 is around the corner.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

^ This. Apple could start selling this 3 days before the iPhone 5 hits the shelves and people will still line up at the stores to get this. Then those people that bought the white iPhone 4 will immediately loathe and detest Apple for not releasing the white iPhone 5 in a timely manner. Yet, same situation this time next year, those same people will still line up for the white iPhone 3 days before the iPhone 6 debuts.

9. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Yup and that is the business side of it. This is what other people call isheep.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how so i dont see the difference?

keep in mind one phone is horizontal and one is vertical if thats what you mean

edit - double disregard

11. iphoneIA macrumors regular

IMO after all the talk about the white Iphone it is not that impressive. I think i will stick with the black and wait for the Iphone 5. I also think that the black looks more classy.

12. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

13. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

From the sound of things, you won't be missing much. Marginal speed bumps, same form factor, nothing worth lining up for.

If you need a phone, you might actually be better off buying an iP4 now, and setting yourself up for an upgrade earlier when an LTE/4G phone hits the shelves. Every month you wait is another month you'll have to suffer with a dinosaur phone while everyone else enjoys next-gen speed.

14. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Still want a legit white one :p but probably won't was my upgrade on it.
    Prepare for the "do you regret getting white..." threads like the one's for the iPad 2 :D

15. elan123 macrumors 6502

once you go black, you never go back

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

If my wife wanted the white one to match her white iPad 2 I'd get it for her. It's not as ugly as some are making it out to be. Plus it should turn out to be kind of a rare beast.

17. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

So... white iPhone has white front and back, and the black iPhone has black front and back... got it!

Thanks for the killer info. :rolleyes:

18. BlindMellon, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

the white iphone makes the huge waste of space top and bottom of the screen even more obvious. man, this design is really showing it's age.

here's an example of a modern design that makes good use of screen-face layout (and even this isn't brand new):

[​IMG]

19. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

You're out of your mind. Look at the ear piece on that sprint phone. Obviously the designers maximize screen real estate but compromise on function over form. If you don't see why it's wrong then you don't have a clue to phone design.

20. iTunes-Luv thread starter macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Sorry bro. But I am sure what you saw before is not this one. This is the very close to the white iPhone 4 will be released. Not many people have chances to touch it yet. You can see the iOS slightly difference between white and black in picture 4 and 5.

Here is a video if anyone interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wg-gfF3Pryc

21. iTunes-Luv thread starter macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

And likely a new iOS will be release together with the white iPhone 4. I bet you did not notice the difference in the multi-tasking screen (picture 4)

22. solid0mike macrumors newbie

How did they do that with the White i4 on image #4??

23. Psood21 macrumors member

24. Shambles macrumors regular

What's going on with that new expose thing?? :eek: iOS5?