Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

democris

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
I work for AT&T and that is absolutely correct, I removed the MMS optout option from my brother's account and he had MMS working within minutes

seanofthedead

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
I don't understand the AT&T hate. I know something like this is BS, but I'd rather deal with them than to have to deal with Verizon's ****** CSRs and retarded connections.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
You must not be much of a software guy...

A developer with the proper knowledge of AT&T's database schema should be able to write a update script to accomplish this in about 15 minutes.

Exactly.

Manually changing each user to allow MMS. Rrriiigghhhttt. :rolleyes:

deimos256

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
will ATT remove the opt out before 3.0 becomes public? Id rather take care of it now rather than wait on hold while 198237198237198 other sizzled!cks jam the lines trying the same thing

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Please give me the option to find out.

Seeing the iPhone is a smart phone when I had Verizon the plans for Blackberries were the same price and the iPhone plan. So I am guessing if the iPhone were on Verizon, there would be the same price (or close) as at&t's.

Elementkng20

macrumors member
May 28, 2009
So if I call AT&T now and have them remove the block it's confirmed that it works? I'll I have to restore the iPhone to get the camera icon on the message bar?

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
Seeing the iPhone is a smart phone when I had Verizon the plans for Blackberries were the same price and the iPhone plan. So I am guessing if the iPhone were on Verizon, there would be the same price (or close) as at&t's.

Yeah, but here is the problem with that argument. Whether you like Apple or the Iphone or not you have to admit it is one of the fast growing, hottest ticket items in the cell phone world. It single handedly boosted AT&T's new contracts and kept them from feeling the full force of this 'recession'. Therefore one can assume that its worth a small price war. They all want the customers and contracts. Give them a reason to compete for our business.

Then again, I just said assume. I know what that means. :eek:

Elhammerpuncho

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I just asked an ATT customer service rep and she said that there is no block my the account, but MMS will be enabled on june 18th.

I have the GM build and there is no option to enable MMS on the phone and the ATT carrier.IPC used to enable MMS on beta 5 isnt even available to update the phone now.

Any ideas?

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
Maybe it's a 'just in case' by AT&T. Perhaps they hope to have MMS working on most phones by then, but were afraid to offer a guarantee. Maybe?

deimos256

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
they are probably banking on people working overtime to get it done on time, so if they say "later this summer" they can only look better by getting it taken care of early

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
So if I currently have the $20 unlimited messaging I'll likely get MMS come June 17th?

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
It's in their best interest (press-wise) to get it done by next Wednesday, or Friday, even, given that this is the real reason. They could be lying and not want to clog their network, who knows?

maskedfox

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I have 2 lines on my FamilyTalk, iPhone and LG Xenon, since the Xenon can MMS I take it once 3.0 releases I should be able to MMS right off the bat?

TheNewsPaperBoy

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Florida
I had already removed my mms opt out feature so ill be good to go. All att has to do which they probably will do is put a code into the sweeper which runs at mid night, the night before 3.0 release to remove the feature. Then if it doesnt get removed and people come into the store bitching then the sales agents can just manually remove the feature like i did :)

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
The AT&T CSR told me that the iPhone wouldn't do MMS, despite the fact that I told her I was a developer and had the latest version. She transferred me to iPhone support who said I needed to talk to AT&T... I gave up

qpid360

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Pasadena, CA
Same here. Spoke to AT&T/Apple... on the phone for 30 minutes. What a waste of time. AT&T really blows this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.