The Recession is OVER!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by gkarris, Sep 20, 2010.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

IT'S OFFICIAL...

THE RECESSION IS OVER!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39269753/ns/business-eye_on_the_economy/

Now, the four IT people I know that just got laid off will be happy to know that the companies that laid them off will be hiring more people - in India and China! :eek:

We can now, as Consumers, go out and spend more money!

(but with 1/3 the salary I used to have and can barely make ends meet - I guess I can't really do that... not to mention I STILL can't find a job with decent pay) :rolleyes:

But, hey all, the Recession is over!!!

2. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Tough times are still ahead, especially in the US.

3. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

It is only over when Chuck Norris says so while hell freezes over and Elvis comes back. :)

4. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

Honestly i never thought we fully recovered from the recession in 2001. For example in 2000 to mid 2001 when most people applied for jobs there were an abundance of jobs and not enough people for them.

Soon after 9/11 it was different and it became hard to find a job (i.e 3 and 4 interviews for jobs that previously required 1). I can't tell that anything has recovered especially when people have been out of work for years.

5. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

The Recession doesn't affect Chuck Norris.... Chuck Norris affects the Recession... ;)

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The Recession is Over! Long live the (next) Recession!

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

8. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

9. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

:D Oh man! This has me crackin' up. :D

10. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

11. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

um, I don't want any hookers thanks - but I would settle for a few firemen (those that haven't been canned I guess).... ;)

12. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

And I will say that it is ****ing worthless no matter what they say.

As long as Unemployment as as high as it is it is still a ****ing depression as far as I am conserned.
    We are still having more people enter the work force every months than jobs being created. I believe 10 years ago there were more people employed than now. in 10 year no new jobs.

wages are still falling.

****ing bull **** is all I have to say this this. Until the jobs start making some real head way it is still a ****ing depression.

This just proves to me that that group is nothing more than a PR machience because we were still losing jobs in June of 09. Lots of jobs. We still were lossing jobs after wards.

****ing bull **** is all I have to say. Yes I am cussing like crazy but I was directly effected by this depression and I can tell you first hand to people like me this is just ****ing bull **** and we do not believe it any more.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Haha this is true. WWCND?
    An blow, don't forget the blow!

I'll have to let my friends who have been out of work for over a year know!

15. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

"Jobless Recovery..." :eek:

LOL....

16. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Only the profits are recovering.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Yeah ****ing jobless recovery. Only greedy ones at the top are getting all the money.

Lets see the workers still are having to do more for less pay. CEO are going to be getting record pay offs in a few years with their stock option plus the higher pay they were given to make up for the stocks tanking.

Yeah the is still a depression. Until U6 starts making some real head way it still a depresion.

U3 is worthless now. Million of people have given up legitimately because there is just are no any jobs out there for them and the toll it takes emotionally is not worth it.

I already said **** construction. I have a degree now that is not worth the paper it is printed on and going back to school for antoher one. I will be pushing 30 when I finally can get an entry level job for my new carrier path. Talk about being set back by the ****ing depression.

Lets see was going to start working at 25. Work for about a year. get laid off. Year later still no work and starting school. That takes 2 years.

I am up to 29 now and just entering the work force.
    This depression ****ing sucks and the people who really are the cause of it got millions and just are making millions more. We have done nothing to bring things in line.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

19. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

really? hmmm I am still skeptical.

I'll believe it when this guy says so:
    [​IMG]

20. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Climbing out of a recession is always slow. If all it depended on was a politician or analyst saying "it's over", why the hell didn't they just say it over the day after it started? :p

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

In the immortal words of Captn Jack Sparrow:

22. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

She has been driven to hide by the likes of /b/ and the rest of the Internet fans...

24. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

It might've been just my age and naiveness (if that's even a word!) but I didn't really notice that much of a difference even when we were in recession, save for the obvious media/news coverage of it. Maybe I'm just too well-off....

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

consider yourself lucky. I had to move home with my parents because of being laid off. I had several friends who lost their jobs. I know personally quite a few people who got out of school and could not find work.

We were in and still are in a depression as far as I am concerned and until we see any real job growth it is going to stay that way.

Obama has had 2 years and we are in a worse shape than when we started and just more in debt. A lot worse shape.