The Repubican Attack Machine starts its engines....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Mar 8, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

2. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

do people actually fall for this ****? This is almost as ridiculous as the whole "Freedom Fries" non-sense.

This guy ought to be ashamed of himself.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Apparently, otherwise why keep doing it.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

They do in Kansas.

6. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

its completely different things.
    this guy is saying "he's black and his name is hussein so dont vote for him" and that's reprehensible

hillary said "i'm better prepared to handle a crisis because i already know world leaders and i've been around the block a few times." that's not baseless to say she's more ready to lead on national security.
    and that's something that needs to be talked about. and i didn't say hillary was right to do it

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, in the end, it's still fear mongering. This guy's definitely more extreme than Clinton, but they're both using fear to try to get votes. It's a disgusting practice and anyone who attempts it, in my opinion, is a piece of scum. (I was actually thinking of another 4 letter word that begins with "s." Use your imagination)

8. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

so how are candidates supposed to talk about national security?
    its not like barack is a saint when it comes to campaign tactics

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

No mudslinging and a positive Presidential race in the US.

Think of all the political experts that would be fired, all the people who would drop dead in the streets from shock ... as the world reverses its spin.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is just the beginning. Expect to hear a lot of that King-type crap from now on, especially on talk, er, hate radio. Books will come out detailing Obama's upbringing in Indonesia, his [self-censored]*. Oh yeah, lots of seamy, slimy stuff.

That's not the only thing going on either. You perhaps have heard by now that the RNC is buying up attack-style domain names.

* I came up with a doozy of a smear campaign the RNC could use against him, but thought better about mentioning it on the internet. They may think of it themselves anyway, but why take the chance?

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Attacks like these go far far beyond fear mongering, I hope McCain is big enough to denounce this too...

12. stevegmu macrumors regular

What he said is factually correct. A US retreat from Iraq would hand Al Qaeda a great victory, thus being cause for celebration by terror groups.

13. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

Perhaps. However, the idea of "victory" here is in the eyes of the beholder. Many Americans would not feel we "lost" in Iraq, but rather that we were unwanted or that we tried to help their government and results were not satisfactory. I really do not care what Al Qaeda claims as a victory. They claimed the 9/11 attacks a victory, but all they did was murder thousands of innocent people. They did not dismantle our government, collapse our economy, or anything severe within our country. They did spark enough fear that our government wrongly entered Iraq after we wiped Afghanistan clean. Let Osama and Al Qaeda claim a victory if we pull out - he claimed victory in Afghanistan during the jihad against the Russians, when his small jihadist force basically did nothing. They can claim a "victory" - but it won't be one.

Second, the comment about terrorist being happy about a US president with the middle name Hussein is insane. Why would they really rejoice? Just because Hussein is a Muslim name? Good for them. It's just his middle name.

Third, because he his part kenyan. What do terrorist get out of that? Sure, Kenya has many muslims, as can be seen by Sen. Obama's name, but would they really be happy. Sen. Obama is not helping them, so who cares if they are happy.

Rep. King may be right about the fact that Sen. Obama will pull out troops (however, Clinton probably will also and I do not McCain could survive four years staying in Iraq with such public disapproval unless there was great improvement in Iraq during the beginning of his presidency) but the other two comments are extremely unwarranted.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No one said he was.

Thus making it perfectly ok and not a smear at all?

But no, not really:

The Al Qaeda that's a slim minority in Iraq (like single percentage minority) that most of the Iraqis are against?

15. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

Especially when Al Qaeda is a Sunni fundamentalist group. Sunni only comprise about 23% of the Islamic population in Iraq (where 95% are Islamic), where 57% are Shia and 17% are Kurds. Neither the Shia or Kurds would support a Sunni fundamentalist group, especially the Shia (however, they would support Hezbollah, a Shia fundamentalist group).

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Careful there now. That's rational talk based on factual information. It's obvious you're against the troops and hate America. ;)

And wasn't this the guy who once said something about McCarthy being a hero?

Edit: Yep.

17. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

lol
    yeah if it one thing republicans cannot stand its rock solid facts

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not all of them. Just some of them. Like the kind we seem to keep getting for some reason. They go away and then another one pops up to say we're all the irrational partisans, without actually backing up any of their rhetoric, playing the victims against all of us "liberals". Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'm sure he'll respond to your post though before mine, because I'm on ignore for some strange reason.

19. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Talk about fear mongering :rolleyes:

Its quite hypocritical when Obama supporters say things like this while at the same time they go out of their way to paint her as some kind of monster...

Is there something i missed? did she threaten to kill some puppies? what fear mongering did she produce?
    I do recall her pointing out that she believes she has more experience then Obama, but fear mongering?...
    No different then Obamas "I voted against the war" tag line.

I dont hear Hillary supporters whining about Obama... They're usually too busy talking about the issues at hand...

Could we talk about the subject of the OP now please?

20. Queso macrumors G4

So's Bill apparently ;)

21. redfirebird08 macrumors regular

redfirebird08

No they're not. Go read the blogs at CNN or pretty much any other news story and all they do is trash Obama rather than talk about Hillary's supposed plans. "He's an empty suit, solutions rather than speeches, media bias," etc. Yet, I never see them actually talk about Hillary's solutions. It's ironically just rhetoric, kinda like Obama's speeches.

By the way, regarding the "monster" comment, that chick was forced to resign. Where is Hillary's resignation for calling Obama Karl Rove, or Howard Wolfson for calling him Ken Starr? Karl Rove and Ken Starr are monsters to begin with and pretty much any Democrat or liberal would agree with that assessment. Comparing your opponent to those people while you're using those same tactics that you complain about is both hypocritical and over the top. The difference is, Obama gave his person the boot for using that kind of language, whereas Hillary and her shills believe it's OK to compare a fellow Democrat to right wing monsters. She complains about him running negative, misleading, fear mongering mailers on health care and compares him to Karl Rove, yet she ran negative, misleading mailers on abortion, taxes, and health care against Obama, all of which were fear mongering in some form or fashion. Then, her shill Howard Wolfson accuses Barack of being Ken Starr when he asks for her to release her tax returns (I think the public has a right to know when someone is donating $5 million to their own campaign) and then Wolfson turns around and does the same thing to Obama regarding Rezko, which is an issue they've been hammering Obama on for months. Hypocrisy, thy name is the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Perhaps Obama should ask her campaign to reveal some of the truth in the Peter Paul case. You know, the one where she and Bill pretended that they didn't know the guy even though there's multiple videos of them with him? Hillary Clinton is the last person in a position to criticize other people's campaign finance. Obama will not call her on the Peter Paul issue because he's trying to stay away from her scandals (something that she has absolutely no problem doing to Obama), but I can guarantee you the Republicans are licking their chops in the case of either Obama or Clinton.

As for Al Qaeda in Iraq and this idiot Congressman from Iowa, I am sure Al Qaeda will be happy to see Obama send some bombs after them in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Yep, they'll be dancing in the streets over that. Al Qaeda was dancing in the streets of Afghanistan and Pakistan when GWB decided to go after Iraq rather than Al Qaeda. The best thing that ever happened to them was Bush's Iraq invasion. It allowed them to create even stronger, more convincing propaganda for recruiting and it gave them a nice reprieve in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

22. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I agree with your comments on the Al Qaeda subject.

The stuff between Obama and Clinton is just politics. Its hard to talk about issues when people are constantly sidetracking to this he said she said BS. Its become what the race is about and no longer about "the issues".

It doesn't matter who said what and when, what does matter is that people stop perpetuating it...

23. redfirebird08 macrumors regular

redfirebird08

I agree 100% with you.

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I don't think you understand what facts are.