The right says Hillary Clinton is responsible for her husband. Why isn’t Melania Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 8, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nsible-for-her-husband-why-isnt-melania-trump

And given that Trump’s go-to move on the campaign trail this season has been to suggest that his rival for the presidency of the United States, Hillary Clinton, is somehow responsible for her husband Bill’s repeated betrayals, are we now supposed to ask why Melania Trump didn’t do a better job of acting as her husband’s keeper?

The message is clear, if contradictory. Cool wives give their husbands passes. Bad wives fail to restrain their husbands’ wandering hands and other body parts, but they also immediately acknowledge their husbands are cheating, and … what? I’ve never been clear on this part of the equation. Are the cheated-upon supposed to shut up about it so their husbands can have their fun? Get out of the way without a fight so their husbands can marry someone younger and hotter and in turn be discarded for someone else? Cast some sort of sorcery over the country so their own existences are forgotten, and their cheating husbands can move forward as paragons of virtue?

More via link

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

can you detail what has happened while he was married to Melania? you might find the answer there, was he married to her when his comments came out?
    if trump wins the memes that will come out the next 4 years will be awesome
    [​IMG]

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Melania was his wife (and pregnant) when he was recorded with Billy Bush.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm sure when Melania runs for president--or even Congress--she will be questioned on her husband's behavior towards women.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

then trump needs to be impeached like Bill was........ wait, had Melania attacked the women that Trump mentioned like Hillary attacked Bills accusers?

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Unfortunately, she can't run for president. Congress maybe....

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The spirit and point of the original article is lost on you.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

apples/oranges and you guys are so desperate that you can't see it.

it's a shame trump is not going to drop out. the only hope there is happens to be the GOP growing a set and kicking him out, and I doubt that will happen. this scandal should have happened 1-2 weeks BEFORE the election.

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Not a shame at all. He likes things that are huge and unprecedented. He's going to get his wish. Perhaps the biggest loss ever. The biggest. Biggly!

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why would the winning side be "desperate"????

The one who is grasping at things in desperation would be the guy who hates Hillary so much that he can't stop talking about her. :D

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The irony being that if his daughter was ever talked about the way from someone - he wouldn't even be having this conversation.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

winning? by how big a margin? it's not over until Adele sings :D

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

His loss is going to be huge. Believe me.

14. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

But, was he married when he purportedly grabbed for the vajayja?

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Trump just leveled the playing field.

If he ever asks why HRC stayed with Bill, Hillary could reply, "Maybe you could ask your wife why she stands by her man. Or would you rather she change her mind?"

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He was married when he assaulted Nancy. Among others. I think this is the tip of the iceberg. I imagine many women are going to come forward.

I know one person (married) who was hit on inappropriately by Trump and as she put it, "in a way that I do not want to write about on social media."

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

she is not responsible because she is the hired help can't blame a maid for the masters mistakes

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes.

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The 2024 ticket: Melania & Michelle. The slogan? "We're M&M! And Green For Your Satisfaction".

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I fixed that for you.

21. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Bill Clinton made his fair share of unwanted passes and physical "assaults" against other women (Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, and Ellen Wellstone, to name a few) while married to Hillary, and yet is still considered by many to have been a good president and suitable for a position of influence in an HRC administration if she is elected. Many would likely vote for him again if he were eligible for a third term as POTUS.

22. SusanK macrumors 68000

Trump was a pig before Melania met him. Pre-existing condition.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Difference being that:

1. Bill had served in office before as a governor
    2. Bill had knowledge and unlike Trump wasn't just winging it

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

to even mention bill's smarts in any relation to trump is an insult to bill. they couldn't be more opposites in that department

25. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Got it; so it's ok to assault women as long as you are smart and experienced. And here I thought that it was the sexual behavior that everyone here is so freaked out about.