The rightmost quarter of my screen is obscured by a blob

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by likeaheatwave, Jul 24, 2008.

1. likeaheatwave macrumors newbie

I use an iBook G4 running 10.4.11 at work. I work for a non-profit on a budget that buys most of our computers on budget websites. Of course, the drawback to those sites is that warranties are barely there and they don't supply any discs with your purchase. I've been using this computer for a couple of years, and about two months ago, a white blob started occupying the bottom right corner of my screen. Over time, the amount of my screen obscured by this has grown...there are rainbow-colored lines that extend up from the white triangle that now obscure the entire rightmost quarter of my (already small) screen. I've had to move all my desktop items to the left of the screen, and some applications and webpages are pretty tough to use.

I'm guessing there isn't much I can do about this, but I can't figure out what caused it, and we're in a pinch right now, so buying a new computer isn't the most attractive option in the world. Thoughts?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Sounds like a crack in the LCD. Pictures would help of course.

You can hook up an external display but you'd lose your portability.

3. GlassOgnion macrumors member

Replace the G4 LCD screen with a G3 iBook screen. The screens are compatibles.

4. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Take some pictures of it... that would help us figure out what needs to be done.

Most likely, you can just replace it with another screen from an iBook. www.iFixIt.com should help you out tons.