Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STITCHES

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
San Antonio, TX
Well if any of you dont know by now one of the new hosts of The ScreenSavers destroyed a PowerMac G4. Bunch of discussions about it over here.

It was brutal. I had to turn Away. The G4 was taking alot of punishment but didn't seem that much damaged on the outside just when he opened it up.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
I didn't see it because I don't watch that show at all but I agree with most on the board. They could have donated the computer to charity, I don't care if it was a Mac or PC you just shouldn't destroy something like that. If it was a mater of ratings then why didn't they take some kind of fake mac case and blow it up or something? This is why I hate TV!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yes the network has seemed to have "Jumped The Shark" and the new host dude seems to be somewhat of an idiot.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I am curious to see what the ratings are for the new combined network, id bet that ratings have taking a drop since the new format.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
:'(... i can't believe kevin let that idiot alex smash his G4... luckily it wasn't cat's pb...
i don't know what's wrong with that guy... he's really weird... i only watch nowadays for sarah and kevin... but mostly sarah ;)

i put it in 3 votes for mac on the site though :eek: :(

reality

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
Hey--hey-- I got it! When they voted to destroy the G4 or whatever, everyone thought they were going to destroy the CHANNEL, so they all voted for it ;) :D

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
I happened to see the new guy's first day on air. He reportedly has no broadcast experience and his stupid demeanor is obvisouly a case of trying too hard to be funny. He comes across as an idiot - which I'm afraid he just may be.

I tuned out - for good - after about 20 minutes of his crap.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
Yeah, this show is suppose to be about technology and news related technology.

Smashing a computer (Mac or PC) is just plain retarded, and can't imagine what the producers were thinking. Even if they were trying to 'raise the ratings'.

Ever since that Alex character started showing up on G4, it's been going down hill.....

I'm questioning weather I'll watch that show anymore. This was the straw that broke the camels back.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Ive never seen the plain G4 network, was it always kinda crappy with a public access look? TechTV looked more like a profesional quality channel and everyone had a good time, now it just seems forced.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
That new guy is HORRIBLE! Bring back Patrick!!!! And Leo!!!!

Now all thats left are the kids! Soon they'll be a 100% video games show. And soon they'll drop the "TechTV" from the name...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think they are going to drop the whole G4TechTV name and rename the whole network. Kind of like Spiketv.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
That station has been completely ruined! When it first came out back when it was ZDTV, it was an awesome channel. It has all kinds of tech related things like Fresh Gear (a review show), Silicon Spin (controversial topics), Call for Help (A call in help show), The Screen Savers (Similar to Call for Help only geekier), among other shows. Now its all about gaming. I mean come on, how many shows are needed to show off games. Its completely useless and won't last long.

As for The Screen Savers, well it used to be a good show, but now its getting so it sucks. The new guy, Alex, is a total idiot and doesn't even seem like he knows much about computers or technology at all. Kevin is constantly correcting him about such topics. Since he doesn't seem to know much, obviously he hates Macs then. He hasn't showed much enthusiam for them when I've seen him. Its a good thing Kevin Rose is there or else that show would be totally worthless. They need Leo Leporte back bad! Its a shame someone new comes in and takes over the network and then just ***** all over everyone thats been with the company since day one, such Leo Leporte, and that Pat dude. This network won't last long unless it changes back to more of a tech station.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yea! What's goin on?

I agree with the above posters.... I've been watching TechTV for a little while now, (year or two), and every day after school when I got home, I used to tune in and watch The Screensavers when it was on at 3 o'clock. (And lots of the shows on after that, like Call For Help and Fresh Gear.) Now that it has switched to G4TechTV, many of my favorite hosts are gone, and have been replaced by these punks who know more about HL2's release date than they do about Photoshop pointers or new gadgets... I enjoyed the good ol' days when it was Pat, Kevin, Sarah, Cat, Leo, and Foo... Now, though, I have trouble watching ANY of their shows... Even The Screensavers! I think they should drop the G4 network and go back to what they were really good at... Talking about technology and new stuff and computer problems... You think smashing a computer is going to help someone install a wireless LAN in their house?

My two cents....

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
They are not going back to the old format as long as Comcast is in charge, plus they can't go back to San Fran because those studios are closed. The only thing that will change the network is bad ratings and a complete format change.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
STITCHES said:
Bunch of discussions about it over here.

Wow, looking at those makes me want to say a few choice words that I can't say on THIS forum...and the only reason I can restrain from saying them on the G4TechTV forum is that they need a valid email address and I don't feel like giving mine to those idiots. I'll shut up before I let those choice words slip and end up getting myself banned. :D

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
They should get rid of Alex! He makes a mockery of the whole show's existence. Everyone hates him, even Kevin. Get rid of him and let Kevin and Sarah host...ANYONE but Alex. Gosh, he pisses me off...Errr!

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Who host The ScreenSavers now? I know when it was just TechTV :rolleyes: Leo and Pat were the main host. There was also a few more. But any original "TechTV" peopple still there?

But ever since Comast took off TechTV off my line up :mad:, I haven't stayed with TTV. Oh how I remember those messageboards. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I didn't have to see that G4 get destroyed. Talk about acting professional on TV :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok just saw that apparently Sarah is still there. Saw the sad thread about her dad's passing. :(

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Usually I wouldn't care that they did that. I never watch that channel, I actually despise it. It's just a computer, but then I thought about how useful it would have been for a school. That makes me think it was a poor decision, but other than that I don't care. The TechTV forums are saying it's on BitTorrent, does anyone know where the torrent file is, I am dying to see this.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.