The Seven Words That Will Save Our Republic

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, May 16, 2017.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

From time immemorial, subordinates have had the right to request that orders they receive be given to them in written form. Signed by the person issuing them.

A written order is fundamentally different to a verbal one.

Asking for that order to be communicated in such a form removes the whole "he said, she said" argument from the equation.

Executive branch employees must, from this point forward, demand that any orders issued to them from the Trump White House be delivered in written form.

Just to keep things straight.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And Trump warned (bluffed?) Comey about blabbing. Is his face orange yet? :mad: The White House will be lying large in defense of Supreme Leader. Keep an eye for rats scurrying out the windows.

Senator McCain is quoted as saying the crisis has reached Watergate status and may be worse.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not enough bushes and plants in the WH garden to hide behind to hold back all of that bloviating.

[​IMG]

BL.

4. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Seems like an ironic thing to be looking for now after Hillary was sunk largely by an attempt to avoid a written record and Trump tweets every second thought he has.

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

"I, Donald Trump, Will Resign My Presidency"

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There is no he said she said arguments, we have anonymous said, someone in the actual room said.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

exactly. the fact that the media can publish something with zero facts in hand, then attempt to re-post and back each other up and call it a fact worthy of more than a quick glance and yet get so many up in arms is pretty sad.

if I had an employee come up to me at the office and state that someone read them a memo another person wrote that was in any way damning to them, I would put it on record but nothing further would occur until facts were presented and people were in a room explaining the facts presented and the situation around it. Otherwise the entire event is just hearsay.

time for the media to do their job and time for those in power to stop running on wild witch hunts at the direction of the media. I've never seen so many dogs get wagged by their tails.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The most famous scandal in U.S. history until maybe now involved an anomous source called Deep Throat. Can lies be told? Yes it's possible, but it was on the basis of anomous tips that Nixon's Watergate plot was revealed. Here you have sources in the FBI, possibly intelligence services including allied intelligence, and even the White House Staff, not all working in concert to destroy President Trump but tattleing on him. And in many of these cases, it is first denied, and then admitted by the big mouth himself.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

IMO the biggest scanal in the US that will likely go down in he history books over the next decade plus will be the corruption among the media and the swamp rats in DC trying to pull down Trump. That IMO is also a bigger threat to our democracy than anything the media has tried to make a reality lately. It's quickly going from laughable to scary real. Add in Seth Rich being killed likely by people supporting the left who were on to him and the reality is taking on a new form of scary.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

True but as anyone who has read All The President's Men knows it's not that Woodward and Bernstein got the leak from the FBI assistant director and published it. They did an excruciating work of checks, double checks, and cross checks. It was true, investigative work, even if they were convinced about what happened. They foul proofed anything that they touched, and were very careful to print only what was printable. Granted, at times they pushed the envelope, but they didn't rely on a guy - as powerful as he might've been - and acritically followed his lead.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Senator McCain hates Trump.

13. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

I am disapoint, I was hoping for George Carlin's seven words

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You are too young to remember this, and probably were absent during this section of your US history class..

.. but Deep Throat was an anonymous source; a source that brought down Nixon, while Nixon was someone in the actual room.

You may want to revisit Watergate, then revisit your statement.

BL.

15. CaptMurdock, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017

CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

"The president suffered a serious health issue."

(the health issue being he's cray-cray and needs some quality alone time)

17. jerwin macrumors 65816

Trump will be out of town this week. A good time for a coup.

18. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Let's see if the naughty word filter catches them all.

****, piss, ****, ****, ********er, mother****er, and tits.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I thought the seven words were going to be "Can we please impeach the bastard now?"

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Exactly right. And, I see no reason to suspect that the Washington Post's reporters—along those with NYT, Reuters, and the Wall Street Journal—aren't following this paradigm.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You could be right, it's just a bit too early to tell right now.

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm not so sure. The NYT, WSJ, and Reuters have similar reports. The fact that there's enough meat for a reporting pack to form means there's a lot of blood in the snow.

And, again, the fact that Trump tweeted that he had the right to release information coupled with the dissembling from H.R. McMaster (doing what every good solider does, even if means going half a league onward into battery-smoke) seems to indicate that the story has legs.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Just because it happened once in history doesn't mean anything. Provide the facts, do whatever investigations needed, or it's time to close the mouth.

25. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

"Not tonight, dear, I have a headache"?