The SIM card in your iPhone does not match the SIM card associated with your account.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JRoDDz, Oct 14, 2011.

1. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Did an upgrade swap. After calling AT&T and doing the sim swap, waited a half hour and now getting this message "The SIM card in your iPhone does not match the SIM card associated with your account." Any ideas?

2. Jcazz macrumors newbie

Jcazz

Same here. The rep I talked too said Apple's servers are being hammered today and to let it sit for a while and it will eventually "see" the IMEI & ICCID change. Who knows - I'll give it to tomorrow and then take it to an AT&T store.

Bad news is my iP4 is dead w/ no service and the new phone won't activate.

Grrrr. :mad:

3. qosie macrumors member

I called up AT&T before even opening my iP4S box and performed the swap. I had the iPhone 4 but wasn't eligible so I used my dad's (non-smartphone) upgrade. Now the sim that came with the new iP4S is associated with my number and my old iPhone 4 sim is deactivated. Unfortunately it shows the error message that you all have been experiencing. The AT&T rep was sweet and tried her hardest to help but she couldn't change what iTunes thinks is correct!

I think it's kind of messed up that Apple is enforcing activation in this manner. Sure, it may be more secure since the phone is now associated with a particular sim card only to work but who cares about the phone number? If the IMEI number is correctly associated with the phone on the sim card then why the big huff about a phone number change?

Just take out the new sim card from the new iP4S (that the rep changed to have your phone number) and put it your old iPhone 4 to use for now. That's what I did and it works.

4. pittman87 macrumors regular

Is the person you did the upgrade swap with near by? Like living in the same house as you are?

5. JRoDDz thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Yes Pittman.. What I did is put the old sim in the phone and it activated. Then I put the new sim back into the 4S and it worked.

6. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Duh.. Why can't anyone else figure this out? It's says right in the warning message.