Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
I’ve read in many threads that people (me included) are suspecting/expecting a bigger X-type phone next year. Obviously this is speculative @ best, but how would you guys feel about the dimensions of an X+ type phone if it followed the X protocol? Meaning the phone would have a longer diagonal screen with a body slightly bigger/taller than the 8 plus.

I was sold on this idea until I thought about holding it. I’ve loved the screen real estate of my pluses through the years, but I’ve never been a fan of the overall size. If the “XL” does come out and is larger than the plus would you get it? I think a 6.0” phone would hit the sweet spot.

Last edited:

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I think an iPhone "X+" with a 19.5:9 6.4" screen would be awfully awkward to hold because it would be so tall. Not sure if it would physically be any taller than the iPhone 8 Plus is, but with edge-to-edge screen it would absolutely be a two-handed device for all tasks.

Reactions: MisterMillz

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I would love an X+ and I do hope it comes next year. I’m afraid of the price tag though.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The rumored 6.46" display would have the virtually same footprint as the current Plus phone.

The body would be just as wide and tall.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Like 3d touch for sw apps, also reachability is coming back
You already can with the virtual home button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.