Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

The Sony PlayStation 5 (PS5)(coming 12 Nov 2020)

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
You're right. Good catch!
Thanks for posting the link.

I have a PS5 coming on Thursday......it’s actually a Christmas present for my eldest so won’t be getting used properly ’til then (I’ll have to test it out real quick of course), but it’s good to know how to avoid bricking it. I’d expect it to be patched by then however. :)

Last edited:
Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for posting the link.

I have a PS5 coming on Thursday......it’s actually a Christmas present for my eldest so won’t be getting used properly ’til then (I’ll have to test it out real quick of course), but it’s good to know how to avoid bricking it. I’d expect it to be patched by then however. :)
It's so much faster to patch things. It did a system update (~800mb) and an update to Astro and they were done in no time.

Comment

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
It's so much faster to patch things. It did a system update (~800mb) and an update to Astro and they were done in no time.
That’s good to hear......maybe I’ll be able to update and get a few games of Astro in before I have to box it back up. :)

Comment

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I’m’ getting nervous, it’s Wednesday morning here, release is tomorrow and I haven’t received a tracking number yet... Really getting scared I’m going to get an email stating that they didn’t get enough consoles and that the website was spammed and blah blah: you’re not getting one.

Comment

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Check Popfindr (dot)com for available stock at local target/Walmart/GameStop. Target had available stock, but only in store purchase. I walked out twice today with two ps5 disc versions.

Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
I’m’ getting nervous, it’s Wednesday morning here, release is tomorrow and I haven’t received a tracking number yet... Really getting scared I’m going to get an email stating that they didn’t get enough consoles and that the website was spammed and blah blah: you’re not getting one.
There were a ton of people (myself included) that had similar experiences with Walmart and Target. It wasn't until launch day (Nov 12) that I got one email saying that it had shipped and another email that it was delivered. I wonder why?

Comment

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Some people are saying it's caused by putting the system in rest mode while playing Miles Morales.

I have heard a lot of different stories some saying its Miles Morales, others Demon Souls, Spider Man Remastered etc. So far my system hasn't had any issues, so I am one of the lucky ones.

Comment

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I have heard a lot of different stories some saying its Miles Morales, others Demon Souls, Spider Man Remastered etc. So far my system hasn't had any issues, so I am one of the lucky ones.
I think I’ll just set the kids’ console to power off every time...unless they release a patch before Christmas which specifically contains a fix for this.

Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
Turned on the PS5 yesterday and had to wait for a game patch (and system update) to download. Turned on the PS5 today and it tells me a different game had been updated already. I was hoping this would have been different with PS5.

Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
Playing with the game switcher today and realized it doesn't ask you "are you really sure you want to start another game? your current game will be closed!!!!" It just starts loading the other game. Much nicer!

Comment

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Does anyone else find it odd that the media remote is out of stock everywhere?
A lot of YouTube streamers recommended their viewers to purchase small ticket items (especially) on the Sony/PlayStation website, in order to save their payment information once the PS5 purchase option went live.

Comment

MisterSavage

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2018
I finally got one off the Sony Website a month ago, but the one I pre ordered from Target on 9/17 is still back ordered. I kept the order because when it does arrive, I will get it to my wifes nephew who also got a PS5
It took me days of trying but I found one and it arrives in a few hours!

Comment

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Did anyone notice the PS Plus Collection game look any different?

I downloaded a few. I already basically maxed out my SSD

Games download and install insanely quickly on the PS4

I played Fallout 4 on the XBOX X and looks incredible. Haven't tried it yet because I don't have space on my SSD to download it. It is on my PS4 Pro

Comment

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Oct 1, 2007
im supposed to get mine Monday, and leave town Tuesday

Will be great to have it safely in my place at last though :)

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.