The Sound on the 2016 MBP is Fantastic!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smirking, Feb 26, 2017.

1. smirking macrumors 6502a

I've had my 15" 2016 MBP for about a month now and I'm just now discovering that the sound on these things is pretty impressive for a laptop. There's even a bit of thump that resembles bass.

I haven't noticed until now because if I'm using my MBP with an external monitor, it's hooked into a DAC and nice external speakers. If I'm using it as a laptop, I either listen with headphones or I don't have any music on at all.

I'm listening to music directly off of the speakers right now for the first time and I'm very pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds. I was expecting the sound to be really tinny and a little distorted.

I put it through some alt-rock, funk, punk, folk, and blues. It all sounded good enough that as an almost audiophile, I'd find it acceptable to listen to music off of it directly all day if I didn't have other options on hand.

2. Mefisto macrumors 6502

Mefisto

It is, indeed! I have the 13", but still, especially late at night like right now listening to music on the laptop is quite enjoyable.

It does boggle my mind that they got such good speakers in such a small enclosure.