The stakes were too high to play the "same old Washington games"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

First Sestak now Romanoff, unfortunately for the white house Romanoff released the email communications between the administration so they weren't able to come up with a nice cover before the news was confirmed.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/1-2-3-8.html?hpid=topnews

Change you can beleive in.

inb4 "they did it first" and when it happens I want an inclusion of jobs that were offered in return for dropping out.

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

The White House said these were all jobs that Romanoff had applied for earlier. The email communications were simply the White House following up with him.

Pretty sure Romanoff has confirmed this.

So why is this an issue?

3. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Because they were offered again in return for him dropping out of a senate race. Something they did previously with Sestak and it received no coverage on this site either (big surprise).

Dirty politics are alive and well in Washington.

4. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Why is Bill Clinton offering a senatorial candidate an unpaid position in the government illegal?

Why is the White House following up with a job applicant to gauge his seriousness as a candidate in a senatorial race an issue?

5. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That story was likely corroborated, from what I have heard he would not have been able to serve both in the house and on an unpaid intelligence board position as he "doesn't really remember" what exactly the position was.

I think we've all been around the block a few times, lets not devolve this into naivety.

Also no one suggested it was illegal yet, but both of these candidates thought it was questionable enough to bring up, and it surely does not go along with Obama's supposed mission to end "old politics".

6. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

True. I suppose both of these situations could have been handled better. I just don't see why these are considered legitimate stories.

Liberal media, I suppose :D

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I think the big question is whether it is not too early to call for a special prosecutor and impeachment proceedings.

8. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Im just glad both of these candidates had higher standards than our current administration by refusing these offers.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I know, it's a real relief, isn't it? I mean, to know we have such awesome folks as candidates for high political office... it just makes you so proud, doesn't it?

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is sad that we should even be glad over something like this.

It tells you how much of a low life our political leaders really are that we are happy that they turned something down like this.

11. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

A sitting representative and lifelong public servant was able to win against a multi-term incumbant senator in a year where people have anti-incumbant tendencies by arguing that he was not the establishment. Part of that political claim was that he turned down a job offer to not run against Spectar. It was a shrewd and calculated effort to gain politically from what has been determined by every credible source as a legal contact.

Romanov has explicitly indicated that the claims that he was offered a job bribe are false.

Tempest in a teapot.

12. Shivetya macrumors 65816

As in Bill can offer any position in the White House without someone's approval.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree.

So let's not pretend as if the Obama Administration invented this little maneuver.

Pardon me if my level of outrage is having a hard time getting worked up over this.

14. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The only source who has examined it is the administration's legal team, and I would hardly call them credible when examining their own potential wrong doings. It is highly likely that there needs to be an independent examination to get all of the facts as it seems that many details in the recent statements do not match with the words presented earlier this year.

15. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The Obama administration campaigned on transparency and quiting the "same old Washington games" so you are complacent with hypocrisy.

16. Shivetya macrumors 65816

But he has kept his word, we now run under Chicago rules.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Like we did for the last guy, do you mean?

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No. Just as you suggested, I'm not naive.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So you'll believe the Israelis and say that no independent investigation is necessary in their case, but you won't believe the Obama administration and want an independent investigation over this?

It's amazing that you hate America so much that you'll trust foreign governments over your own.

Exactly. Throw anything at the wall, and see what sticks. If the traditional media won't cover it, it's not evidence that it isn't sticking, it's just evidence that they have a liberal bias. If they do cover it, it's evidence that the Democrat is lying.

In either case, it's time to impeach.

20. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I never said anything about investigations over the Israel incident, in fact I encourage it, investigate the flotilla's who each person was on them, and what their intents were also.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

In that case I would wholeheartedly support an investigation into this matter. In fact I encourage it. Investigate Chris Cilliza and all his sources for this story and see what their intent was.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So you're gonna play that card with every and any move the Administration makes you don't like right? Right.

23. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When someone says they are going to do something I expect them to do it.

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So EVERYTHING in Washington is going to change because of just a president? Please.

Half of the **** can't change because of people you happen to share a lot in common with. Write to them and tell them to stop blocking all the change.

25. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Actually if the president wanted to change Washington, he could have, unfortunately hes a politician through and through. Now you are going to get some racist hick elected president in the near future and kiss away any change. :cool: