The state of Europe in 2016: Another austrian woman prosecuted

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, May 12, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I remember when the Emirates of Europe were the fountainhead of rational thought and enlightenment.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So not only did you pick a biased site like Bretbart, but you backed it up with the lunatic ramblings of Mr "New World Order" Alex Jones.

4. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

What many americans don't know:

Most European countries have medival laws against blasphemy and various other criminal codes that prohibit freedom of speech.

That in combination with a continous influx of muslims from third world countries is a recipe for disaster.
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2016 ---
    We know.
    Everyone who disagrees with your agenda is a lunatic ...

5. sim667 macrumors 65816

Meister does love a bit of fascist propaganda tbh.

6. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Source please.

7. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

and in Scotland they just arrested a youtube guy for his nazi saluting boston terrier for hate speech..

8. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

This happens all the time.

I made a thread about the situation in german speaking countries.

Hundreds of thousands! of people are being prosecuted there every year for various inappropriate speech offenses like 'insult' or 'blasphemy'.

The MSM doesn't even report on this and unless you speak the language you will never hear of these things.

Imo europe is beyond repair.
    That's why we need Trump.
    Build a wall and keep the rest of the world out!

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Making America great again will involve turing back the tyranny that limits free speech and enforces new rules made up by Leftist intelligentsia elites whose intentions are to put the thumb on the carotid of all Americans. Along with ruling by fear via setting examples for others to witness.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure how you're proposing I provide a source for you providing links to a far right website?

But all of your "state of europe threads" provide a breitbart link.
    I think he's been specifically arrested for his repeated "Gas the Jews" comment in his youtube video.

11. Zombie Acorn, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016

Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If you contest something in the article, post counter evidence to the contrary.

12. sim667, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016

sim667 macrumors 65816

Would a teacher in america get away with telling their pupils that God was a genocidal child murderer? And if they did, do you think there wouldn't be scandal?

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Austrian teacher was referring to a child-bride of the Prophet Mohammed, Aisha, who he married when she was six.

Which sounds pretty horrifying. Until you consider that similar child marriages were going on all the time in contemporary Medieval Europe. And before we Americans get all self-righteous, consider that fact that as recently as 1880, the "age of consent" for child marriage in the State of Delaware was seven.

Muhammed lived in the Seventh Century AD - more than 1300 years ago. Judge him on that standard if you will. But before you write off all 1.5 billion Muslims as hopeless savages because of the misdeeds of a man a millennium and a half ago, take a minute and think about what German and Austrian people were doing, on a massive scale, to Jewish, Ukrainian, Polish, Russian and other children - less than 80 years ago.

Germans and Austrians were responsible for murdering, in cold blood, millions of innocent people during the Holocaust. In the most despicable, cruel, and horrifying manner imaginable.

So Germans and Austrians ought to keep very quiet about criticizing anybody over their history. Capiche?

14. unlinked macrumors 6502a

He is hardly going to start them with a link to the original article in German is he.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

They call it blasphemy as in it's illegal to insult or question any religious belief? If so, how do prominent vocal Atheists avoid prosecution in Europe?

16. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Most outstanding post, that some people don't want to hear. ;) Back when the populace had significantly shorter lifespans, puberty = adult, even in the American colonies, that's 8-13 years old for girls. Link

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

19. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Then I guess refer to Austrian penal code section 188.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thank you.

This law prohibits any speech or disseminated writing that defames—in a manner capable of disturbing the public peace—the “religious or worldview convictions” of others, or the institutions or customs of any religious group or worldview association established in Germany.

I see the point of the law, preserving the public peace, but let's talk about if this is a good idea or not. I support free speech, but temper that against rabble rising, stirring people up into a violent state or hate speech.

The problem with a law like this is it's defined not by a set standard, not on factual truth, but on how offended the believers of a religion might be to having their religion, or the history of their religion criticized and the law appears to grant a wide latitude of official interpretation. I don't care for laws like that. I want to be able to call theists or atheists idiots and not fear prosecution. Do we have agreement? :)

Now depending on what the teacher said exactly, by my yardstick, knowing what little I know, this most likely could be grounds for censure or firing.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

1) Would she have criminal charges brought? No.

2) You are comparing a deity with a living human, the more apt comparison would be Jesus and there is no record for him killing people or having them killed, unlike Mohammad.

3) Did Mohammad have relations with what we would consider a child? Yes.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

1. Funny you should say that:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/florida.school.prayer/

2. You realise Mohammed died around 650ish AD right, he's in no way, as you put it

3. I'll refer you to @vrDrew's post (#15) on this....... its very informative.... Not that it will change your mind, or that you'll even bother reading it.

23. APlotdevice, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No Meister, people who think there is a massive conspiracy to overthrow all the world governments are lunatics.

24. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

These types of things happen somewhat frequently. I know it happened to me in high school.

We usually just brush those folks off as idiots, and they flame out on their own.

25. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

What is fascist about those websites?

Please explain.
    I have and I could again, but he'll complain either way.
    They are careful what to say, because it is illegal to insult religions.

On top of that there are various laws that make it illegal to 'hurt feelings'.
    Interestingly these blasphemy laws are now mostly used against people who critique islam.
    So germans and austrian shouldn't have free speech because of historical events ... ********