The story of macbook pro (made on a mondaymorning?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nos, Oct 31, 2008.

1. nos macrumors member

I am the proud :confused: owner of a macbook pro (june 2007, 2,4 GHz),
    and this is a story of several problems.

After approx. 2 months I got a yellow line on the display, the display was of course under warranty and was exchanged.

After some time the health of the battery was decreasing very rapidly. It turned out to be a faulty one. Still exchanged under warranty.

Last month the gpu died. After a lengthy call with applecare they gave me a casenumber, and the logicboard was exchanged for free.

Now, since the logicboard is exchanged I have the same old problem with the battery, after 65 cycles it only has a health of 20%, but in practice has only power for approx. 10 minutes and the macbook pro shuts down abruptly without any warning.

Applecare takes no more responsibility and tells me it is not a bad battery according to the serial number.

Did someone have a similar experience with a macbook pro?

2. mrgstiffler macrumors member

mrgstiffler

Depending on where you live, you might be able to get it replaced under Lemon Law. Here is Oregon 3 repairs is considered a lemon.

3. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

how do you use your mbp? do you keep it plugged in most of the time? i had the same type issue with my 1 year old battery that went to crap 1 week out of warranty. i called applecare and they were no help. i took it to peachmac and after a 5 minute chat with apple they decided to replace it for free. try taking it to an apple store and see if you can get a better result. seems like that since it had been replaced once before and all of the other problems they would replace it.

4. nos thread starter macrumors member

I tried the local reseller and applecare… they refused to replace it.
    I ordered a new battery at fastmac, I don't trust the genuine batteries from apple no more. :rolleyes: