The Texas Republican Party Calls Most Texans Gay

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, May 19, 2016.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Here is what happens when you don't care about the English language, mind your grammar, regress, and speak elementary English (read: 'merkun).

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rb-meant-the-texas-gop-called-most-texans-gay

Oh.. and "in before Grammar Nazi!" ;)

BL.

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

And yet they continue to take money away from public education.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I bet you california says all californians are gay................

5. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

When they can't get their own grammar correct? See Post #2 for the problem.

BL.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Only steers and queers come from Texas and since I don't see any horns on you that narrows it down a bit, doesn't it?"

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

And write Thomas Jefferson out of their history books. What are they scared of? Is the state ran by liberals? Oh, wait...

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Adjust thy sarcasm meter, have you never heard that they only have steers & queers in Texas?:p

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Just the ones who shoot Glocks :D

11. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I lived in seattle for a year, I would gladly take texas. Been to texas quite a bit on trips, never lived there.

--- Post Merged, May 19, 2016 ---

Hah, great comeback. I agree. #nevertupperwareguns

12. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Lived in Texas, and rural Texas at that. They can keep it.

BL.

13. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

My Glock 30 is a great companion piece to my Springfield 1911.

14. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I don't mind texas but not my first choice to live in the us. I also lived in Southern California, and they would have to force me to go back.

To me people in texas are truly more friendly than those in seattle OR SoCal. My job took me to costa mesa and redwood city also. Can't stand any of it.

15. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Austin for 5 years. Loved it.

16. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Ah no, not next to a 1911. I'm a huge 1911 and sig p220 fan.

During the time I was in the us I had a bunch of both, built a few 1911's. Mostly from caspian frame and slide.

17. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I'm definitely a 1911 fan. Didn't think I'd like the Glock when I first tried it, but have grown to enjoy it as well.

1911's I've bought (and sold)

Several different Springfield models (TRP, Compact, Ultra Compact)
    Several different Colt models (Government, Combat Commander, Defender)
    Several Wilsons (CQB, CQB Compact, Stealth)
    Some Les Baers (Can't remember model names)
    One Ed Brown
    Other off brands

18. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Austin is nice, and so is Houston. Dallas has gone under some changes, but haven't been back there in years to see how it truly is.

Paris, Sherman, Denison, Sulphur Springs... ugh.. I have relatives there, but I definitely couldn't live there.. too small and a bit backward for me.

BL.

19. Toltepeceno, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016

Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I have not had the big names.

Colts from oacp (2), a number of commanders and government. Bobtailed, added beavertail, bushing, etc. on several.
    I had two different special edition colt delta elite models. They were different but forgot what they were called.
    2 sig nitron 1911's carry and gov from when egw, caspian, big names made the parts. Bobtailed the carry.
    2 Dan Wesson bobtails .45 and 10mm
    2 different full house custom fusion firearms custom bobtails.
    2 caspian frame custom frame caspians I built. Gov and bobtail commander.
    A couple elite p220 sao's, a military overrun sao. A p220 sao super match.
    An old w german p220 and an elite da/sa.
    I had a couple of tupperware guns, an saxd .45 service and a taurus pt145. I liked the service ok but paid it no attention. Sold both.
    I also had a s&w 1006 10mm and a smaller model but I forget the number. Really great pistols but I have big hands with short fingers. Too long of a trigger pull, had to hold the pistol slightly slanted. Best da/sa trigger I have ever seen, sold them because of the trigger pull length.

The first thing I do with a 1911 is put in a short trigger and stone the sear. All of them, not just the ones with long or medium triggers. I like my own trigger jobs better.

Had to sell when I left, when I go back I am saving a spot on my credit card for a legion p220 (preferably sao) or a 1911 to be disclosed later. Possibly a colt wiley clap, colt series 70 for me to customize, a dw vbob, a sig 1911 or who knows. Lol. Have to decide where to leave it.

Glock I do not like the grip angle. I know one can get used to it but when using 1911's It makes no sense to have to go back and forth. Whatever suits one best though.

I also prefer cocked and locked over striker, da/sa, dao, dak, etc.

I owned a gun forum in the us for some years, was profitable because I sold ad banners. Discounts, fee stuff, holsters, etc. I regret selling it, long gone changed names.

The wife joined me the last couple of years, did not like it and we moved back to edomx.

20. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Texans are not less than 2% of the population.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I can think of a reason why people might not have been friendly. Sometimes you get out of things what you put into them. In other words, a reflection. Because I have found plenty of nice people in Southern California and even more so in Washington state. I did find parts of Texas nice but not others. Some of the friendliest people though have been in Indiana. They're great there.

22. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Very nice.

I forgot about a heavily customized Para P12 (used that when I qualified for my Texas CHL), and a Para P13.

I also had the Defender customized, and I've had many of them Bearcoated. Great finish.

23. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I used to like the cities but as I get older I prefer the pueblos. You would call them VERY backwards. I call them laid back, calm, possibly even adding years to my life. From young and crazy to old and laid back. Things change.

When the youngest finishes we may go back for a while, I do NOT want him going to the us schools though.

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMBNUTS?

25. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I had a colt lwt cdr exe done in hard chrome after I customized it. Bobtailed, ed brown beavertail, egw thick bushing, gi guide rod. The aluminum frame was nickel plated and then hard chromed. Then it was harder on the rockwell scale than carbon or stainless. Great carry gun, no you do not have to be a citizen to get a chl.

Still have one from florida but it is long expired.