The torture of the trackpad under xp/vista

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by peterlobl, Apr 13, 2008.

1. peterlobl macrumors regular

Using MBAir trackpad under XP is so godawful...
    no tap to click, right button handcramp motion, two finger scrolls completely unmanageable... ahhhh!
    anyone know of 3rd party utils to fix this?
    would be valuable creation to a capable programmer I imagine...
    and Reduce so much hypertension.

2. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

I have similar problems on my MBP, the trick is to try and get used to it.

For two finger scrolling, keep one finger stationary and move the other one in the scroll direction. For trackpad tap unfortunately you just have to use the hardware button with right click being two fingers on the pad and hardware click.

3. peterlobl thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for two-finger tip... it is so herky jerky, but better than before...

if OSX side didn't show how good trackpad is, I would think the h/w is horrendous.. now it's obvious how crippled the driver is...

Should anybody with driver programming experience add at least the tap/click into the existing driver.. well, it'd make me (and i imagine quite a few others) soooo happy that $9.95 or so per userwould come his/her way...

jus dreamin i guess

4. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Two finger scrolling is rubbish, I agree, especially in windows with multiple scrollbars (such as a palette/auxiliary window).

Often you scroll down and it jumps straight back to the top as soon as you take your fingers off I find.

5. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

What sort of post is that??? :confused:

Another thing you might consider is getting a mighty mouse or any other type of mouse that you prefer. I know its really not what you are after but it helps with my setup having the mouse there when you are back to base camp.