The Trump Economic Stimulus is Working

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Mar 22, 2017.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

At least in the art supply business.

Nasty, artsy, and crafty women hard at work.

[​IMG]

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I am sure the alcohol industry (esp wine) is having a record year. And headache medicines too.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I love VRDREWs signature right under the picture of the woman making their signs.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Think of all the trees that gave their life for that poster board and for what I have no idea.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Do you think these babes will leave a huge mess like last time?
    white-house-womens-march-signs.w710.h473.2x.jpg

And can anyone tell me what rights Trump has taken away from women?

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Something about their goodie bits but from the pics I've seen I'd say they're safe from anyone touching them.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We can attack the uselessness of a protest based on it's useless merits without getting nasty.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Yeah - but Trump doesn't care about the environment, right?

What a sad and immature response.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

About as immature as a bunch of grown ass people walking around with vagina's on their head, not at a bachelor party.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually - I disagree. Expressing themselves (even if I disagree with how they are doing it) is not the same as shaming them like you have and continue to do with derogatory remarks about whether or not they are attractive.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Maybe it has nothing to do with their appearance and everything to do with their tactics that is off putting. Ever think about that?

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Sure. That's exactly what you meant in this and other thread. Of course you meant it's their tactics and nothing else.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Are you talking about the "***** hats?" You know those aren't supposed to be vaginas, but rather a play on the word *****. They're actually cat ears in pink.

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Forgive me, it's not a vagina hat, it's a ***** hat.

15. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I wonder if anyone has calculated the effect in dollars of lost productivity due to all these folks taking time off to protest.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually cat ears. As stated.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2017 ---
    On the saturday protests where many probably aren't taking time off. Good question.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sounds like you were talking about their looks to me. And considering many boyfriends and husbands have joined them in their marches, I think it's safe to say they are getting touched just fine.

Really, for you to take it to such a personal level like this is just so very wrong.

18. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Well, at least they aren't just posting about it on Facebook.

But have you guys ever been around people doing stuff like this? I was in a coffee shop a few months ago and these two girls were making signs, and they were incredibly nice, but it was just like, they were talking about school/friends, and just coloring on the signs.

Idk. It felt so cheap. I can't take sign making seriously anymore after that.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

See the image in post 1. ;)

20. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

But hardly unexpected. After all, those two know all about not having anybody touch their bits. :D

21. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Signs are an integral part of the public protest experience.

They serve some very valuable purposes: They are an opportunity to express one's creativity, in either the artwork, or the slogan you've come up. Slogans can be witty, or ironic. There is also the "hand made" element. This sends the message that the people doing the protesting are not - as some would have you believe - a product of some billionaire financed lobbying firm. From a practical standpoint, signs get your message out in a way that words cannot. Newspaper and TV images of protestors carrying signs carry a message far further than a yelled chant can.

Getting together with like-minded people to make the signs is also an important part of the process. You can coordinate logistical things like transport to the protest venue and parking. Food and bathroom arrangements. You can talk, in relative quiet and privacy, about the issues that you are protesting. And - yes - there is a certain social element to it.

I think American women, or at least a very great many of them, have very good reason to be wary of Donald Trump. His language in public life, and on the campaign trail, was shockingly vulgar and insulting to women. He called women "fat pigs", and "disgusting" That's not behavior we expect in a politician.

And then there is his legislative, budgetary, and Judicial agenda. Which includes cuts to programs very important to women - such as the mandate for birth control benefits under the ACA. Contraception is the largest single healthcare expenditure for most women of childbearing age. It has also been a huge factor in liberating women to further their education, and work outside the home. Its a big deal, and they don't want it taken away to mollify religious nutjobs. He plans to cut funding for public education.

Good for US women.

22. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but that experience jaded my view of the people doing this. Now the riots in Ferguson or something? Those people were serious. Like, these same people were probably about to go vote for Hillary. So it's not like their cause in total is all that good. I think Hillary supporters on average were just as disgusting as Trump supporters. But then again... I don't really care about him calling women, let alone anybody "fat pigs". I've called people worse and will do so again aT some point. I Being a politician shouldn't be about holding your tongue, even if what you say is offensive. Some women are fat pigs. Some men are. It is what it is. All you guys are doing is just drawing some weird line at what offends you. Nothing offends me, so calling me a jerk or fat pig hold about the same weight. But that's me.

What does bother me are things like bombing people. I know Trump will continue doing the bombing runs, but Hillary would be complacent in that as well. Supporting either candidate is/was disgusting if you want to start making moral claims.

23. HEK Suspended

HEK

You are absolutely right. Protest got the colonists nothing with the King of England. The protestors should take your advice and go directly to armed revolution. After all they have their second amendment rights.

It worked for the american revolutionists, armed agression against the in power valid government. Skip the protesting go straight to the gun vault. History proves it works. Hold true to our american traditions. Take up arms, it's the american thing to do.

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

What is it EXACTLY that they are protesting against? Some guy made a crude remark? If that's the case we're all ****ed.

25. HEK, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Exactly, i mean why did the colonists get so upset. It was only a small tax, they could afford it. And to revolt just because the government didn't listen to them. Well, such an outrage, if you validated that kind of thinking, most everyone today would have a valid reason to revolt. Since the government is not listening to the majority of the people, the majority of the time.

Interesting observation; Does anyone else notice how governments always think they now better than the people. Somewhat understandable with people like Putin. But governments purported to gain their authority from those they govern, seem to do so as well. Majority of people's desired actions are ignored. But the half percent seem to hold great say in what governments do or don't do.