The Trump Fooled You Thread, or did he?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Huntn, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The term alternate facts is the Trump Administration's attempt to deceive, mislead, codify lying, and basically fool the American pubic, the World, and especially the Trumpets. Former Administrations have been accused of lying, but never in the modern history of the United States have we elected such a prodigious liar and his band of minions into the office of POTUS.

This thread will be an attempt to highlight and accumulate just a fraction of the mountain of mis-information foisted, often ineptly on the World by the political organism known as the Trump Administration.

Links:
    3) Obama Wears An ‘Arabic’‘Ring
    In 2012, Trump sent a tweet linking to a WorldNetDaily article that claimed Obama wears a ring inscribed with the Islamic statement of faith.
    “Why does Barack Obama’s ring have an arabic [sic] inscription? Who is this guy?” Trump asked.
    The ring, however, only shows a series of loops that do not say anything in Arabic or any language.
    6) The IRS Is Persecuting Me!
    In February, Trump alleged that the government has targeted him for a tax audit, possibly “because of the fact that I’m a strong Christian.
    However, Trump’s own lawyers debunked this claim, saying in a statement issued by his campaign that Trump’s audit is “consistent with the IRS’ practice for large and complex businesses.”
    • Here’s A Running List Of President Trump’s Lies And Other Bull**** (Feb 2017)

Example, Electoral,Votes,boasting: Trump’s words: “We got 306 because people came out and voted like they’ve never seen before so that’s the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,” Trump said during a news conference on Feb. 16.
      Lie: Trump actually won 304 electoral votes, because two electors refused to cast their vote for him when the Electoral College met.
      Several former presidents have also received more electoral votes than Trump. George H. W. Bush won with 426 electoral votes in 1988. Bill Clinton won 370 votes in 1992 and 379 in 1996, and Barack Obama won with 365 votes in 2008.
      When a reporter at the news conference called Trump out for spreading false information, the president said, “Well, I was just given that information. I don’t know. I was just given…We had a very big margin.”
    - Trump's baseless wiretap claim
    - Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He isn't Hillary Clinton. That alone is enough to cover all of his other sins that you have linked above.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

4. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

I didn't click on the links for one simple reason and that is every link is extreme left media that is going to always be against Trump and the Republicans. I also did not read the OP post entirely for when I read "Obama wears an `Arabic` Ring" I knew it was like all the other conspiracy theories that have no merit.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He's killing drug users.

What kind of twisted worldview do you have where its ok to just kill people?

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You dismissed the entirety of the post because OP posted a real tweet by 45? Not a distortion, not an interpretation, but 45's own words? o_O With that logic, even 45 is the extreme left media. You might want to let some of that partisanship go. There's truth on both sides of the fence, if you want to look for it.

8. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Extreme Left Wing, NYT, CNN? Really now. The ones that are left wing cite their sources.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's the law there. The punishment under the law is "the hard goodbye". You may not agree with the law but it's the law.

What kind of person are you where following the law seems "twisted"? I think I know the answer.

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/14/asia/duterte-philippines-davao-killings/

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh. :confused:

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

12. samcraig macrumors P6

This thread is going to explode/implode within weeks if you're going to track Trump's lies.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Of course it will.:rolleyes:

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If your judgement is based on some irrational partisan political vilification of an individual, it's not clear headed judgement. Such as admiring a guy who proudly admits to killing suspected individuals, where no place is it legal to kill suspected individuals.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't know why you're eye rolling. Why would this thread be any different than any other or the PRSI in general.

Or are you suggesting Trump doesn't lie as much as reported?

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If the law calls for summary execution of a human, then I don't give a **** what that law says. Authoritarianism is the mindset that you should follow along with those in power, or institutions in power, without considering morality at all.

17. poloponies, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

poloponies macrumors 68030

It's not the law in the Philippines to randomly kill drug users. What kind of person are you where police committing unprovoked murders seems "fine"? I think I know the answer.

These are not post-conviction "executions" but deaths in the course of arrest; they are random and frequent and sanctioned.

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Then the system of justice that he falls under should address it. I'm not saying that I would do the same as he, I do agree that drug dealers and user need to be dealt with harshly.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 17, 2017 ---
    I think all politicians lie. Obama told some of the biggest whoppers I can recall. My eyerolling comes from the double standard that nearly all people here in PRSI seem to embrace; different standards for different people.

Furthermore, the longer you guys persist in the endless Trump Lamenting the sooner the general public is going to become deaf to it.

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

"Then the system of justice that she ( Clinton ) falls under should address it. I'm not saying that I would do the same as her." It did, and she was NOT prosecuted for anything. Not that that didn't stop more attempts at prosecution. I'm pretty sure if things get bad enough for 45, she'll be up for something else later.

I keep emphasizing the word suspected in my quotes, because the Phillippine president isn't concerned with any real form of justice. Something no one should be admired for.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think most of our politicians are interested in justice either. Obama shielded Eric Holder form prosecution. Hillary should have gone to jail. I'm sure there are repubs that got a pass as well, just can't think of any right now.

21. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

It's interesting that there is a group in this forum who feel compelled to discount the accuracy about the river of lies that flow out of the Trump Administration weekly/hourly, practically by the minute. :rolleyes:

Bottom line, if there is constant need to lie, can you expect a better outcome from the Trump Administration, REALLY? And is it so easy for you people to discount the value of truth?

22. samcraig macrumors P6

The level at which Trump lies is unparalleled. The right wants to keep saying "well Trump isn't like any other politician" They are right. They need to own what saying that means in every regard. He's a liar. And if he were not Trump - but some guy you met through work or a friend and he lied as much - I doubt you'd have any respect for him or believe anything he said.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't live in the Phillipines so I really don't care about how they do things over there. I care about what we do here in America.

24. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

25. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Sorry. :D I have to play it fair. 45 has made no attempts to do anything even remotely as heinous as the Phillippine president.