The TruthCast...A Podcast of Conservatism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cyroceon, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I thought you might all like to know about this new podcast called The TruthCast. It is a podcast on Conservatism involving current issues and political ideologies.

On iTunes:
    Click Here

Direct Feed (XML):
    Click Here

Website with Link to MP3 Files:
    Click Here

If this is in the wrong forum sorry mods, I didn't know where to put it. Besides, I thought the guys and gals here might like to know about it.

I'd love feedback and will definitely pass it along. Thank you.

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

What makes it 'the truth'? I'm always cautious about things that declare themselves to be the truth.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Listened to the first one. Heard a lot about how much of a patriot you are (and how your family, friends, and loved ones know you're a patriot). Heard that you don't like LIBERALS (clinton was a liberal argh). Heard that you call yourself the royal 'we' a lot. Didn't hear much Truth (or really anything constructive about the ideologies of conservatism which you proclaim the podcast is about).

You do have a good voice for it though. Good luck with your political science studies.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Agreed. Whenever anyone starts using words like "truth" or "fair and balanced" in their title or slogans, that only means that the actual content can't stand up on it's own/isn't true and needs a "trustworthy" name to lend it some sort of credibility.

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's a Fox news trick, isn't it.

As for the podcast, I'm getting annoyed after just one and a half shows. How many times can you say that you love America, that you're a patriot and use liberal as a pejorative.

Now you're the best country on the earth. You also do it without war, crime or bloodshed, great. I also chuckled at summing up conservatism as 'being the best person you can be'.

You're/they're going to have to step up their game, I'm afraid.

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I've just started the third podcast. Things are starting to shine through. I liked when you said ''I'd sooner have an ideological debate between 'Senator B. Hussein Obama The Almighty' and John McCain''.

Well done, you're spreading the truth. I certainly feel enlightened, anyway.

EDIT: Your/their part about Palin's sex and woman switching sides because of it was disgusting. I urge people to listen to it.

Your/their nonsense about the democrats not having the patriotism or honour to say the things McCain did, and that what McCain is really saying is 'that we're all brothers in this country' just makes you/them look utterly ignorant. Listen to Obama's speech from 2004 about being your brothers keeper.

The more I listen to this, the more I realise how crap it is. The more I listen, the more ignorance I hear. Truthcast? Yeah, right.

7. Queso macrumors G4

Oh dear. I don't think this SubjectiveTruthCast is for me.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Why on earth did you listen past the first. It appears you're a masochist.

9. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Towards the end of episode 3 he just calls him 'Mr. Hussein Obama'. No Barack, no B. - just decided to leave that part out.

I feel I must put my self through the listening equivalent of walking on hot coals, just to make sure I've got all the facts.

I've finished all three now. What are they teaching in political science over in the USA these days!

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Utter garbage.

Palin's old 'Pitbull' joke "That is America!"

haha, what?

If you think Palin's speech is going to rally more moderate's, you crazy.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly, swing voters aren't going for that nationalist crap. McCain has only energized the extreme side of the party. She's going to be a liability come November.

12. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

At first I thought that it was a load of nonsense. However, I must admit that after you preached the truth to me about true conservatism I do feel all truthified. I have now denounced the evil liberal media bias that had brainwashed me and I see the the errors of my ways in supporting the Muslim-sympathiser Sen. B. Hussein Obama.

I now realise that it's okay to tell people to do what I say and not what I do, just as long as I love my country and embrace religion to be the best that I can like every true patriot should.

USA! USA! USA!

I particularly liked it when you truthified about community organisers:

"I mean, if a community organiser quits what's going to happen? The community doesn't suffer, it just fails to progress. It doesn't regress. If it regresses, then let me tell you something, you don't have community organiser, and er, what you have, you have a parent, not an organiser."

Go Palin! Go McCain! Go Truth! Fight! Fight! Fight!

On a technical note, when you have a little break and play the patriotic music, could you not play it so loud as you nearly deafened me and that would mean that I wouldn't be able to continue to learn the truth about conservatism.

13. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

The community is going to get disorganised, for a start.

DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!

I've just looked up the word 'truthified' in the George W. Bush edition of the Englandish Dixicon. It's infathomable.

14. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Thank you all for listening. We definitely appreciate it, regardless of your comments. However, the team would like more constructive criticism regarding the podcast and not just flaming its message. Thanks anyway.

15. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Well, if you're going to go by the name 'truthcast' then researching every point you make so that you are actually telling the truth instead of pushing a political agenda.

Cutting through the childish 'Mr. Hussein Obama' Fox news style propaganda would get people with an IQ of over 70 to listen to your podcast regularly.

If say that you're going to speak about political ideologies and conservatism, don't then follow that up with the 'being the best person you can be' nonsense, actually talk about what political stances of traditional conservatives and why you believe them to be right. Don't make out that only conservatives love their country if you want any respect from anyone that are not on the far right.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Everyone pretty much already said what I was going to say. It's right wing lies, attacks and propaganda, nothing more.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If you're seeking approval or constructive criticism for a podcast that gets its jollies calling Obama "Hussein", impugning the patriotism of liberals, and calling itself a "truthcast", then I don't know even know where to begin.

Couldn't we start with constructively criticizing something easier, like Scientology?

In all seriousness, to help you, you'd have to be willing to change your entire worldview, an I don't think you're willing to do that.

18. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Thank you for the increased replies. When passing along your replies I am passing along any information that is readily available about you that goes along with your response. So if you have a Obama/Biden avatar, Obama logo, or are obviously on the opposing side, I am noting that. That doesn't make your criticism less important, but just as the podcast is biased, it is almost certain that your criticism is just as biased.

19. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Getting started on that wiretapping career, eh?

20. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I agree with several of the other posters here, you really need to do some independent research of the issues and stop sinking to outright name calling, it's unprofessional and makes you sound childish.

21. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Change the name, the podcast doesn't seem to be doing any research or conflicting any reports in the "liberal media" it's more of a statement of conservative beliefs and talking points with little to nothing backing it up. I don't care, I disagree with most of it but if that's the audience your shooting for I'd avoid trying to even profess that you're after the truth. If the podcast does start along the path of dissecting the "liberal media's" lies be sure that the links to the research are available on the website in show notes and that the sources are mentioned on the podcast and try to find sources that are from public records or news sources that are not obviously biased.

The breaks seem to be completely unnecessary and just seem to be filler to get to the 10-15 minute mark. They server no purpose other than to play the, newsy music. If at some point the listenership starts to warrant sponsors, or promos for other podcasts, you can use those spots to place messages from your sponsor but for now it's just distracting loud and relatively pointless.

22. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Thank you very much. That is a great piece of criticism.

23. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I'll admit that I don't like what the podcast is about, I toyed with a response like the others, but then again freedom of speech and all that jazz. I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it, just don't call it the truth without a good verifiable source.

I guess my point was made with the suggestion of removing the word Truth from the name unless the content changes.

The length is good, any longer and I wouldn't have made it through all three episodes, although I'm definitely not going to be a subscriber beyond these three. I really toyed with stopping at 1 but gave it a shot to see if there was any truth vetting going on to warrant the name, before I suggested changing it.

Good luck, I hope it does well for the makers, but you'll forgive me if I don't wish them to be very happy come November 5th.

24. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Come on, it's you isn't it? All this 'we' or 'passing it along' stuff. I bet you the podcast is made on your Macbook. If you're a one man band, admit it and go for it. More power to you for getting out and doing something you like.

However, you appear to have a hard time taking criticism. Facts and truth transcend political agenda. If you cut out the petty 'Senator B. Hussein Obama, the almighty' and stop making out that you care more about the country because you're a conservative, your podcast will be better.

As a side, I wonder what information you sent about me. At least you admitted the 'the truthcast' was biased.

25. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

He - they? - obviously learnt from the best.