The unofficial "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread... III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Welcome to the third thread. "The third" makes it sound distinguished.

Part 1
Part 2

Enjoy... I guess.

Please keep the following in mind:

Clearly people are itching for a new MacBook Pro. However in the past few weeks there have been numerous threads and posts posting deliberately false and misleading information.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

Please take a look at numbers 4 and 5:

4. "Trolling". Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned. Basically, don't try to pick fights. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited.
5. Any ongoing actions that make more work for the moderators and administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action. If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.
Going forward, please report any such posts and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Unless you have a relevant link from a reputable site, do not make threads stating that tomorrow is Tuesday (we all have access to a calendar) or that the Apple store is up (it generally is).

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
"if they do release the update of new models for the macbook pro, do they normal keep it as the same price? ie $1199USD for base model?"

I too would like to know the traditional price adjustments with each new update.

neondrgns

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2010
I also have hope for tomorrow, no real reason...some guy was saying how bestbuy told him big shipment tomorrow and I hope he wasn't lying

also monday was a holiday, tuesday well today is also fat tuesday another "holiday" just not one where stuff closes down. and someone also said wednesday releases usually when monday was a holiday.

coops108

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
Australia
is someone able to please answer my question:

"if they do release the update of new models for the macbook pro, do they normal keep it as the same price? ie $1199USD for base model?"

wbham

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
New Zealand
You LIAR they aren't out yet :p

Glad someone made the new thread!:D

Hopefully this will be the last part of the saga and new MBP's will be out within 2 weeks!

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Thanks! I really appreciate the statement of the rules.

Hopefully, we can stay more on topic now.

Quicksilver867

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Columbus

Honestly, I would expect them to stay within $100 of the current prices. There were people also saying that a Monday holiday equals Wednesday releases. I'm thinking 23rd or bust, but tomorrow wouldn't hurt.

mickey23

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
i was gonna qoute the bloke that said he was gonna wait till the 28th of march... for the ipod thing...

and say... i'm gonna do the same... just wait to see if it gets released before that and if not bite the bullet and get me an ipod touch

240KAR

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
The first week of waiting was kinda check today, maybe tomorrow.. but now this is the only website i get on.... I'm losing my life to this!!! lol :D but indeed 'tis fun..

lefse

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008

Probably. No one really knows. But they're not into upping prices, they'd rather remove bits and lower the price.

Like the cheaper MBP 15" last summer. It was announced as astonishingly affordable (which of course it wasn't, all things considered), but lacked proper graphics...

You should be looking forward to the new $1199 MBP 13", with a 2.66Ghz Core2 Duo and 4GB ram.

avediswolf

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
Ohio
Wanna know when they will be released?

15 days after tomorrow, because I'm about to say heck with it and get a 17" MBP tomorrow. I'm tired of waiting for some 17" goodness.

I'll probably chicken out at the last minute, and continue waiting, though...

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
In the past Jobs' has seemed to stick to the idea that an update in hardware should be "twice as good for the same price." I wouldn't expect the price to raise at all if the only change is a bump in specification to bring the computers in line with what is currently available from other companies. :apple:

lefse

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
In the past Jobs' has seemed to stick to the idea that an update in hardware should be "twice as good for the same price." I wouldn't expect the price to raise at all if the only change is a bump in specification to bring the computers in line with what is currently available from other companies. :apple:
Good Lord!

Please can you elaborate? If you were talking about Apple's software, I believe many would agree - but hardware; surely not now, nor ever!

moocat

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2010
Norman, OK
Do it... you've made it this long - and worked this hard - and believed in yourself now just go and give up. Go ahead.. we won't be needing you any longer :(

apolloa

macrumors G5
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Another reason why no new Macs will be launched this week at least is the world wide mobile phone conference going on now. Before new Mac products were always launched before this at the start of Mac world conference.
So any new Mac product will be jostling for tech media attention amongst a ton of new mobiles and Windows mobile 7 etc. Apple love limelight and will want maximum coverage so next week at earliest although I still think March.

Status
Not open for further replies.