The unofficial "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread... part 6

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by SilentPanda, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5

Feel free to post legitimate speculation. If you feel somebody is intentionally trolling or posting misleading information, please report the post. I'll also report the header from the previous thread.

-------------------

Please keep the following in mind:

Clearly people are itching for a new MacBook Pro. However in the past few weeks there have been numerous threads and posts posting deliberately false and misleading information.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

Please take a look at numbers 4 and 5:

Going forward, please report any such posts and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Unless you have a relevant link from a reputable site, do not make threads stating that tomorrow is Tuesday (we all have access to a calendar) or that the Apple store is up (it generally is).

2. lucky518 macrumors member

I think this will be the last part because acoording to the rumor we got lately i think the new mbp's will be here next tuesday!!

3. kolax macrumors G3

My 14-day return period for my MacBook Pro ends on Thursday 25th March.

I'm really really hoping something gets released before then - I need a MBP now, and waiting any longer isn't really an option.

4. DctrJ macrumors member

What a stupid question!

Just joking . . . I'm actually in the same boat. I won't notice a difference with Arrandale for what I do, the Arrandales will probably have some kinks to work out that I don't want to deal with while the current C2D's have been tweaked to perfection. If the price really increases, I'm certainly not interested, I just don't want to pay $1500 for a C2D today and have it drop to $1200 next week.

5. akaki macrumors newbie

6. February1088 macrumors member

price better not increase or i'm gonna go get the older model or just go for sony vaio z

7. auero macrumors 65816

agreed. in an economical time when people are saving their money, why would they increase the price? Every other manufacturer can hold their prices and upgrade their machines.

8. centrik macrumors newbie

Hopefully this will be the final thread.

Does anyone else think the price increase, if mirrored in the us prices, is representative of more "pro" components. The price discrepancy may be accounted for buy a solid gpu like the 5830 or so. We can only hope I guess.

Also, for those who hav been around for other refreshes, has the price ever gone up? If so, what upgrade(s) caused the price hike

9. wandrer2 macrumors member

There was a post about potential price increases in Europe on hardmac, recently:

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2010/03...urope-and-in-the-rest-of-the-world-beside-usa

(Note: a guy I know compared his recent Canada mac purchase with the Swedish equivalent: in Sweden he'd pay $1000 more!)

So the Aussie price increase may just be due to worse exchange rates. Then again, I'd say it's unlikely that Apple increases their prices by such a margin without updating the products. (When I worked in retail in Europe, the worst price increase I came across was about 10 euro. At one point all Sony products got this price bump simultaneously...)

10. zipa macrumors 65816

They won't. It just looks like the cheapest models are dropped from the lineup. Or that's how I'm reading it, anyway.

11. Comma macrumors member

Unlikely. The Japan one goes until May, the American will start up shortly. I hardly think Apple are going to want to save a 'few' bucks here and there in the grand scale of things.

12. CDutch macrumors regular

Pardon my ignorance but is the Nvidia integrated graphics card sufficient for playing HD video? I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase a refurb of the current generation or the updated model when it's released...either way, I'm waiting until the refresh to ensure I don't overpay for a C2D.

13. HoT dEv1L 666 macrumors newbie

HoT dEv1L 666

Ok, this right here is Episode III - Revenge of the Sith right?

Should we then expect to see Arrandale Skywalker be transformed to Darth MacBook Pros then? :)

14. wandrer2 macrumors member

Again, it may also be desirable to have this useful FAQ by RhymesWithSeven on the first page of these threads:

Source: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...t=#post9374331

15. solarein macrumors regular

This reminds me of BadBoy Pro...not good...

16. zipa macrumors 65816

Fool! Episode 6 is Return of the Jedi... :D

17. ShowsOn macrumors newbie

Yesterday morning the Australian Dollar reached US$0.92, That's the highest level for 2 months.

I recall that Apple cut their iPod prices by about 5% once due to the increasing exchange rate.

18. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Greatful to now be able to spend more time of my life in my life than on this thread, got my 13" Won't look back, no regrets maybe spank me, i could wait i absolutely needed it

19. arjen macrumors newbie

Yes Moel you are missing something namely; I don't want to drag along a cable and constantly connect my iPhone to my (new) MBP. I also don't want to drain my MBP battery more than necessary. The whole point of mobility is that you can do without the cables. So mobile broadband integrated would be great and is not new. Competitors are already putting it in their models (e.g. Sony VAIO Z (BTO option for $100)).

20. solarein macrumors regular

This FAQ can be summarized in one sentence: we don't know jack, so don't ask us!

21. HoT dEv1L 666 macrumors newbie

HoT dEv1L 666

Yeah, I edited it. Suddenly the numbers and the release dates confused me. :/

22. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

I really hope they dont raise the prices in the middle of a recession..... If they do, I'm afraid I may have to settle for a mid priced CPU or in a worst case, the low priced CPU :( That would really suck. But anyway, does anyone have any opinions on the possibilty of a 1GB GPU?

23. arjen macrumors newbie

Dear oh dear... thread number six. Starting to believe we will actually reach part i7.

24. Waldszenen macrumors member

Good question. Hoping someone can answer this for me too.

Also, will using a larger/more powerful graphics card drain more battery life when you're just using it for regular use? (i.e. web browsing, Office etc)

25. iTattoo macrumors regular

iTattoo

Same deal here - but got the white MB from the refurb store. Scrapped the plan to buy 13" high end MBP and ACD. Will just keep my iMac and run two machines. The iMac can still keep pace with what I expect the 13" MBP will do, and I'm tethered to my desk 75% of the time.

No regrets here, and $1000's saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.