Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Feel free to post legitimate speculation. If you feel somebody is intentionally trolling or posting misleading information, please report the post. I'll also repost the header from the previous thread.

-------------------

Please keep the following in mind:

Clearly people are itching for a new MacBook Pro. However in the past few weeks there have been numerous threads and posts posting deliberately false and misleading information.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

Please take a look at numbers 4 and 5:

4. "Trolling". Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned. Basically, don't try to pick fights. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited.
5. Any ongoing actions that make more work for the moderators and administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action. If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.

Going forward, please report any such posts and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Unless you have a relevant link from a reputable site, do not make threads stating that tomorrow is Tuesday (we all have access to a calendar) or that the Apple store is up (it generally is).

crucius

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Portugal
That'd kill sales of the existing machines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

It's already happening some, but this would make it worse. Announcing future specs... worse still.
yes, but only to those who made up their mind into getting a MPB.
1. first of all, a lot of people don't even search the internet for possible updates and such: they just go to the store and get it (a couple of minutes ago i was talking to a guy and i was saying - like i say to everybody - that i was expecting an MBP soon and he said 'well i bought one yesterday, they are awesome' and i said 'well you didn't wait for the refresh?' and he said 'what? a refresh? didn't know. anyway, bye!')
2. i think Apple would prefer to kill a bit of the current sales instead of making people so desperate for an update that they change from future mac owners to, again, windows users.

about the i7 part of the thread, this will make some people happy (for no reason anyway)

Arrandale

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
I remember now... way back in part III or 4, someone said we'd be in part VI when they finally came out... and it was a JOKE. How we laughed then. Oh, the tragedy.

February1088

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2010
There was a time in the previous threads when we would be like "how ironic would it be if this thread reached to part 7 for i7?" and then others were like "that's not happening, it will be released before then"

....look at our situation now =(

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
There was a time in the previous threads when we would be like "how ironic would it be if this thread reached to part 7 for i7?" and then others were like "that's not happening, it will be released before then"

but this due to the speed people post here useless comments like most of mine. but at least it brings my postcount up and I can soon get an avatar. and it helps with the wait.:D

crucius

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Portugal

let's look at the bright side, people will be saying it will come out during the i7 part until it reaches page 250 again. but yeah, obviously the MBP will be out before then...

but this due to the speed people post here useless comments like most of mine. but at least it brings my postcount up and I can soon get an avatar. and it helps with the wait.:D
and yeah, this is what my computer can still handle so PLEASE let me have my useless comments until i get the MBP...

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Bay Area, Ca.
Part 1: 6626 posts
Part 2: 4488
Part 3: 3562
Part 4: 5471
Part 5: 5943
Part 6: 6366

Total: 32456 posts

Beginning to wonder whether I'll be able to sell my Sony or not when the MBPs come out because it's gonna be old at this rate XD

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
I'd love it if they make an announcement on Thursday at the iPhone event, but I have a feeling that they will instead do a silent update on Tuesday. Just to keep the hype machine rollin'.

abnospam

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
someone email Sjobs that number. That's a lot of potential sales and happy shareholders.

rkw0211

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Delaware
I wonder if the guy who started this thread knows that it still lives on...
He probably just bought a current gen because he originally started the thread before the current gen came out.

mrskitch

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
32,000 posts but they're really just the same 10 people whining about the lack of updates
But you're forgetting about the 3 people taking up space to make fun of the 10 people on this board!

Oh, wait...

rmbrown09

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Seattle
I wonder if the guy who started this thread knows that it still lives on...
He probably just bought a current gen because he originally started the thread before the current gen came out.
macrumors probably killed him for fear he might make another thread that could take up another 100 TB on the macrumors servers.

Vantage Point

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2010
New Jersey
Speaking of numbers: how many times have you built a MBP and added it to your cart, only to decide to wait for another Tuesday?
Many, many, many more times than I will ever admit. I wanted a new high end 15" MBP with a external monitor but I gave up and went with a iMac a few weeks ago. However, I still need a laptop for travel very soon. I will likely get a MB in a week. I would prefer to pick up a low end 13" MPB for travel at a clearance sale when the new line comes out but I suspect I will need to buy just before the next update. MB's are a okay value but current low end 13" MBP are a horrible value. I think they have one of the smallest and slowest HD drives (160GB 5400RPM) on the market and only 2Gb RAM offered by the only company that does not offer iX chips. Yet they are called "Pro" models - not for the specs but perhaps the price tag

arjen

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2007
The 7th thread...

A sad day for us all. Even MacRumors now has i7. :apple: comes in last.

Status
Not open for further replies.