The unofficial "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread... Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smatts123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
Arghhhh...

I CANT BEAR IT, i've been waiting for 2 months and I need a new mac. Anyone have some estimated release dates to keep our hopes up...??? :cool:

TrickyTree1984

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Uk
I'm going to guess that the iPhone firmware update is apples release for the day. Boooo! My heart nearly stopped when I miss read the "mac pro" refresh article.

iammikeDOTorg

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
I CANT BEAR IT, i've been waiting for 2 months and I need a new mac. Anyone have some estimated release dates to keep our hopes up...??? :cool:
So go buy something used, locally, and and resell for nearly as much as you paid when the release does finally happen. If I find a recent 13" for sale on CL this week, I'm buying it, throwing in my hard drive, and continuing the wait.

Frosties

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Problems?

Summary: Arrandale is out and Apple is dead silent. We are still waiting for the much needed update of the macbook pro. The macbook pro is not a little gadget so I gather that it's not rated as amazing.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Nah... no longer waiting for a MBP update.

I'm now waiting for the iPads to be released.

Now, if that proves underwhelming, I'm back in line for a MBP, and if they're not been updated by the time I've got my hands on an iPad, there will be rioting... ;)

Smatts123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
me too

I'm going to guess that the iPhone firmware update is apples release for the day. Boooo! My heart nearly stopped when I miss read the "mac pro" refresh article.
haha, same. As soon as i get home i go to apple.com and hope i seen anything other than the iPad on the front page :rolleyes:

ccockerill

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
I'm curious if any Best Buy employees have any new information on the EOL for the MBP's considering nearly all stores are sold out across Michigan and the 17 inch isn't even listed on the website anymore.

evitica

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
New York, NY
This sucks, you dumb-os had me believing the update would come today. I still think the announcement will be a little before the iPad shipping date, and then the MBPs will ship the same day. So let's keep our fingers crossed. I actually bought a 3.06 MBP in June, but returned it because I thought we'd see a refresh in January. It is turning out that I should have kept my June model.

My Powerbook is struggling over here. I need an update!

0eyvind

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
modular said:
0eyvind said:
I don't want to believe this, but it makes sence.

However I would like to point out that there are only 3 full update cycles in two years:
October '08 - June '09 - Feb '10. 3 full update cycles in two years.
Good catch though
not sure this trend correlates with each other. you're just looking at 12 months of apple updates.

Lets look at the long term trends on the macbook redesign:

1998: powerbook g3 (wallstreet)
2001: powerbook g4 (tibook)
2004: powerbook g4 (aluminum)
2008: macbook pro (unibody)

so we're looking at 3 design changes in 10 years. average design change every 40 months as opposed to your 24 months.
From the previous thread, reply to post 6277

I never said that there was a case redesign every 24 months. I said that what the OP said made sence, and then i corrected his way of counting. :rolleyes:
OP's post.

Winters

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
It looks like the coming macworld will also be all about the ipad so I wonder if that leaves any chance for another product announcement for this month?

iammikeDOTorg

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
I'm curious if any Best Buy employees have any new information on the EOL for the MBP's considering nearly all stores are sold out across Michigan and the 17 inch isn't even listed on the website anymore.
If ANYBODY had information on EOL of the current gen, we'd know, and we'd have a pretty clear idea of when we'll be getting an update.

Dozerrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
Exeter
I could have had mine in time for Christmas and I'd have had some nice use out of it and been productive instead of watching this forum...

Nein01

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2009
Germany
for the last time, they will be announced on or around my birthday, which is this friday.

i made a deal with steve that if the ipad was a complete fail that he would have to make it up to me by refreshing the mbps on feb. 5th, or at least no later than the following tuesday, feb. 9th.

this is confirmed. i talked to him on the iphone.

luis.s

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
New Zealand
I heard that once this thread reaches the size of the last one, then if you combine them then the resulting singularity will signify the introduction of the new macbooks pros :O.

I could have had mine in time for Christmas and I'd have had some nice use out of it and been productive instead of watching this forum...
Yea, I'm starting to think if I'd bought mine at christmas the extra months use would've been worth not getting the latest model. But now it too close (yet so far :( :p ) to justify buying a current model.

And so, I find myself wasting so much time checking this thread, the MacBook Pro forum, the MacRumors and AppleInsider home pages, and the Apple store.

Status
Not open for further replies.