Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/21/3096254/macbook-air-review-13-inch-mid-2012

All that extra power does take its toll on battery life, though. In our battery test, which cycles through a series of websites and high-res images with the screen at 65 percent brightness, the new Air lasted five hours, 34 minutes. That's more than an hour less than last year's Air. In practical use, the numbers are a little more even: heavy usage seems to strain the battery a bit less than on the previous model

Was hoping the less power hungry i5 would be better (not worse) than last year's. :(

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
That's a bit unusual. Engadget got one hour MORE on the new Airs than last year's. Anyway, I don't think the 2012 Air was targeted for 2011 Air owners. Instead, it is aimed at people new to the Mac, or those with older products. Most people don't upgrade computers every year.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Is there a link missing? And why does the quote (you quoted yourself) have the same address as this thread?

I am confused, but not yet dazed.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So some review sites claim better battery life and now the verge claims an hour less than last years ... what gives?

Only way to really know is to buy and try it I guess.

i'm seeing the hour extra vs the hour less. This is with the 11" though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.