The Verge Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by THE BG 86, Sep 20, 2012.

1. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

2. SocalMark macrumors member

Why does the verge freeeeeze my running video when I load the web site?

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

4. txflyfish macrumors member

I love the verge. But what's amazing is that after the supposed "downfall" of engadget for being apple biased site, android users have been frequenting the verge lately. If anything this shows that iPhone 5 is truly a tier 1 phone even from android biased review sites

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

The Verge is a lot more neutral than Engadget/Gizmodo/etc- they don't seem to be Android biased (or anything biased) and that's the reason why many like their reviews.

I was wondering where their review was, thanks for the tip OP.

6. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Overall, great review! It made me want the phone to get to my doorstep faster.

7. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I've been a big fan of the core people a the Verge since they were back at Engadget.

Great review, I feel like they hit the nail on the head when it comes to iOS 6. It's time to take it to the next level. Not that I don't love it. There's something to be said about the pleasure of using something that's so simple and beautiful. But more and more I find things I'd like to do with my iOS devices that are simply impossible without a Jailbreak or just flat out impossible. (Siri could be so much more powerful)

Now all that being said, I'm not jumping ship, not this year.

8. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Well the reviewer DID say

"Maybe you'll call me an Android fanboy for saying this, or maybe it's because much of my business utilizes Google apps and its communication tools, but it didn't take me very long with the iPhone 5 to start thinking about getting back to the Galaxy Nexus and Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). For what I do, I think it's a more effective, more elegant, and more powerful OS right now. What it may lack in polish and consistency, it makes up for in power and flexibility"

9. txflyfish macrumors member

It's strange that you bring this up...I am about to do the exact thing. Android is mature enough with the release of JB to give it a swing. The entry price to JB is $350 Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus. No it will be A LONG time before I jump into Sense and Touchwiz and let carriers dictate my update schedules, but for the nexus and JB, yea I'd give it a try

10. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

This guy is putting my exact thoughts into words. I find myself constantly surprised to not be much excited about the iPhone 5 at all, but instead drooling at the thought of the next Nexus phone.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Very nice review...

Ratings according to the Verge:

iPhone 5 - 8.8
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - 8.5
    HTC One X - 8.4

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

iPhone 5 being the Highest reviewed phone on the Verge says a lot.

It's ranked higher than everyone.

13. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Josh is just an Apple fanboy, no? ;) If the software was better it might have gotten over 9.

14. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

15. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

Currently yes. When the new Nexus device comes, everything is changing.

Even Galaxy Nexus with such awful hardware (awful camera, awful processor, awful GPU, awful screen and awful build quality) got an 8.6. And no Jelly Bean, which is by far the most elegant OS.

Plus Lumia 920 is coming, which is better than iPhone 5 at everything.

16. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

Funny, I'm doing the exact opposite. I have had he gnex since it came out and just do not care for jelly bean at all

17. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Lol I know right me too. That phone was so crappy