Carrier The Verizon iPhone X/8 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

That notch though... ugly af.

2. slagathor001 macrumors regular

3. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

I am coming from a iPhone 6, so my 8+ has been great with battery. I don't have to charge at lunch time or when I go to bed. I also setup my 8+ from scratch, didn't do the quick setup process as I used this opportunity to vet old apps. As others have mentioned, prob just indexing and hopefully be good by now.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I really don’t think it’s ugly. I just wish there was like a “regular viewing mode” when on Safari and stuff. Similar to the option for when you play videos. I don’t want it to look like there’s a chunk being taken out of my content.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    I honestly think it will be very quick and easy to get used to. I am going to miss it though.

5. maclaw21 macrumors regular

Anyone whose phone is set to "delivery by 10/10" seeing any early movement? I ordered my phone on 09/19, and with the reports of "tepid" demand, I am surprised I still have a "delivery by" date of 10/10.

6. krishmk macrumors regular

You should walk up to a Verizon store and walk away with any phone. Our local store has all models/colors in stock.

7. c_hart macrumors newbie

c_hart

I ordered mine 9/16 before noon and have 9/29 delivery date! I've seen no movement yet. I probably could have walked into the store and picked one up by now. Credit card hasn't been charged yet.

8. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

Our company ordered 2 phones around noon on 9/15. My 256 SG 8+ showed up on Friday. We are still waiting on our 256 Gold 8. What's weird was we never got any confirmations for either phone. one of them just showed up out of the blue. Have no idea when the other one is going to arrive.

9. KawaiiKitsune13 macrumors member

KawaiiKitsune13

Mom got her 8+ 64gb SG on Saturday (Fedex said we missed the delivery on Friday morning but our bell didn’t ring and we have a Ring video doorbell so had to pick up Saturday morning from the station). She seems to be adapting to it rather well as I teach her how to use ios (she’s coming from a Note 5). Now I’m sitting here chomping at the bit waiting for 10/27 to roll around so I can preorder a SG 256 X for myself.... Got my configurations for it saved in my Apple Store app under favorites for quick check out

10. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

Interesting... when you go to Verizon's wireless website, the iPhone 8/8+ is no longer the first 'offer' shown. In fact, it's not in the list of promotions at all ! The $300 trade-in + unlimited data plan switch are still being offered when you look at the 8 and 8+ directly though.

11. RedRabbits macrumors newbie

Anyone preorder the iPhone 8 though verizon with payments left to get to 50% upgrade eligibility? I'm planning on preordering the X and i will be one payment short. Wondering if it was a s-show going through the extra step OR if it's even possible to preorder a phone and pay off at the same time

12. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502

Dirtydutch

yea if you just go to devices, click upgrade early, select return device, it will take u to the screen with the phone purchase options, you select the x in ur case and it will just simply add your remaining balance to reach the 50% eligibility into ur cart, in my experience its better to the upgrade/payoff at the same time

13. cbaca51 macrumors member

I'm excited to be in this thread on X preorder night!!

14. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502

Yep, cancelled my online preorders and did that on launch day. Was the only one there when they opened and ended up snagging a 64GB 8 at full price. Only thing that peeved me though was the rep added on the insurance without even mentioning it. I didn’t know till I looked at my next bill and saw the charge on there.

15. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

you should be able to go back and complain. not cool that a sales associate added insurance without your knowledge.

16. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker. Need some advice. I am currently a Verizon customer with an iPhone 6. I want to pre-order the iPhone X on October 27th - 64gb, but still on the fence about space grey or silver. My plan is to activate a 2nd line on Verizon to get a second number, and then try order two if possible, one grey and the other silver. Then on launch day I will make my decision and try resell the other one on the black market if possible or just return it, and cancel the 2nd line. I will be paying full price.

So this is my big question. I plan to pre-order at midnight on Oct 27th, however the wife and I will be on a Royal Caribbean cruise on that day and will be somewhere in international waters between Jamaica and Mexico. Luckily Royal Caribbean have high speed internal plans available, and I have already pre-purchased a voom plan that allows 3 devices to be connected at the same time with high speed internet and streaming. I will have my phone, ipdad and laptop connected at that time with the phone using the apple store app, the ipad using the Verizon store app, and the laptop on the apple site, and between the wife and I we will be banging the refresh buttons on all three. Seeing we will be in International waters, will we even be allowed to connect to the US Apple store and purchase from there, or do we have to set-up a VPN of some sort? Any tips and advice please?

17. jmundy41 macrumors newbie

jmundy41

I need some help from you experts! I want to have the best chance of getting the X on launch day (I know it will be tough). Has anyone had experience letting a Verizon employee preorder the phone for you at 3am ET? I have spoken with several different employees and they all seem to believe that their list will all receive their phones on launch day. I have my doubts on this and wasn't sure if I would be better off just ordering myself.

18. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

why not do both. activate a 2nd line on your Verizon account and let the Verizon employee order one for that line, and then you place the order yourself at midnight for the primary line and see which one gets an earlier date. If the employee does, then once the phone is activated, you switch sim cards and deactivate the 2nd line, and also cancel the other order.

19. comptr macrumors 65816

I just did this with my 7+, So you have 2 options, 1. you can pay off the phone right now or wait 2 days before the pre-orders open up on the 27th, 2. You can make that remaining payment 2 days before the pre-orders open up and then you can trade in the phone and get the X. If you are able to sell your current iPhone for more then what the payoff is then your better off paying it off in full and selling it & if you can't do that or can't get enough to cover the balance and make a bit extra then just make that final payment to get you eligible to upgrade and then when you get the X they will send you a box and a label to place the old phone in and mail it back.

20. jmundy41 macrumors newbie

jmundy41

That seems kinda complicated. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with a Verizon employee preordering for them. I am currently on a list but I'm just not sure I trust a person getting in 20-30 orders in time, unless the carrier has some sort of special privilege.

21. RedRabbits macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I tried to make the remaining payment to meet the 50% at the store and they were of no help. So you're saying the option opened up a couple of days early to make that remaining payment? Or if i choose to pay the whole thing off I have to make that payment 2 days early?

So when I went in to try to make that extra payment in store, the store manager came out to try to figure it out. She said i would FOR SURE get an X on launch day if I preorder through the store the first couple of days preordering is open. I don't think she knows what she's talking about... but seems to corroborate the person you spoke with. Or my more cynical side thinks that they don't care, and she wants to make the sale at the store vs. having me order it through the website or worst through apple.

22. jmundy41 macrumors newbie

jmundy41

This is what I'm worried about as well! They may over-promise and under-deliver. If I was the first person on their list, I'd probably feel pretty comfortable. But I'm not sure how they can preorder for the 15th person on their list faster than the person could do it themselves the first minute preorders are available. The question I guess is if Apple cares more about a preorder from a Verizon store than they care about a preorder from a random person like me.

23. sentiblue macrumors regular

Anybody having problem like I do?
    I can navigate through the order pages on the X. But at the last page, it says Unavailable....

I can't place an order.. even if I agreed to 6 months wait.

24. Beerstalker macrumors 6502

Pre-orders for the X don't start until October 27th. Do you mean the 8 or 8+?

25. comptr, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017

comptr macrumors 65816

Well if you have the money and can make the payments now, you can do it right now by calling CS:611. Costumer Service can do it, no need to go into a store. When you call CS, 611 you can either pay the remaining to get to 50% or Just pay it off. You can pay off the phone any time, if you are on Verizon Device Payments. I paid off my 7+ 3 weeks ago and sold it, they let me pay it off right in store but CS said they can do the same thing too. Just call CS.