Carrier The Verizon iPhone X/8 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Blondie&Dagwood, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017

Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

Seriously, why not do both to be safe? Just add a new line and have the store manager take care of the new line, and you pre-order on the other at midnight. Then, later you can just cancel the new line. It’s only a $20 line access fee, and $30 activation fee, so you essentially are just paying $50 for the privilege of having two options. In the context of laying out over $1,000 for the phone, an extra $50 is really really insignificant, so to me it’s a no brainer
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2017 ---
    I completely disagree. The whole purpose of the pin is to serve as a way for a Verizon employee to verify your account and you as the account owner without you having to give up your account login password. Citibank does the same thing when you call the customer service number and the rep asks you for your security password/code. The key element is that this code is seperate from your account login password, so the risk of cyber attacks is low just based on the pin.

2. comptr macrumors 65816

I guess I could do that but I am cheap, so I won't be doing that. Its not like I am scraping to buy the x, I can afford it but I just don't like to waste money if I can help when buying something. Plus apple already got me to buy almost all of the new products they announced this year so, If I can help it would be better not to create a new line.

3. RedRabbits macrumors newbie

I think authorized retailers have even more of an incentive to make a sale than a regular corporate store. This was my original concern. (I.e., they’ll tell you anything to have you order the phone through them). Which makes me jumpy. My experience at those places is so bad. Undisclosed insurance on phones, random service charges, etc. Just makes me wonder. Think about it, if they place your order they make money. Whether you get your phone on day 1 or day 28.

Moreover, if their internal system lets them bulk order, why do they have to place the order one at a time?

I’m betting my iPhone x on Verizon.com/ Apple store. Whichever goes through first. Don’t trust those used car salesmen. (Sorry. Jaded. Many a bad experience.)

4. comptr macrumors 65816

That is true, Well I guess we shall see besides we still have 25 days left till pre-order.

5. greeley macrumors regular

greeley

Does anybody in here work for Vzw?

Last year i signed up with apple for the upgrade plan they made me verify my account with verizon (for the sim).

Well since then i closed my account, and moves into somebody elses as their secondary line.

Obviously i cant use their vzw info, so am i out of luck for upgrading?

They wont have the sim free version of the X at lauch so i cant do that and i really dnt want to open another account just to order the phone

6. comptr macrumors 65816

So, has anyone here found any info from any other Independent Non Verizon Corporate Stores ?

7. xxjrsmith3xx macrumors member

xxjrsmith3xx

So I upgraded my phone via the apple website to pre-order the 8 plus and I used the upgrade with Verizon with one of my lines. I was having lots of issues and I ended up returning the phone back to the apple store. I got my refund on my credit card but on Verizon side of things I got billed out for 33.33 and my agreement is still active. I'm on the phone with them and they are saying they have nothing on their end showing it was returned. Anyone have to deal with this before. Thanks!

8. comptr macrumors 65816

I went to my Local Verizon Corporate Store and they also said they were putting people on a list for the iPhone X and they said they would call the costumer the week of the iPhone pre-order and ask if they still want the phone and then they will either email a link to complete the order at midnight when. pre-orders open or if I remember they will do it over the phone. Also they said you can have it shipped home or to the store.

9. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

Could someone explain how this works? Do they preload everyone’s order so they all get ordered at the same time? If they have to call you at midnight or later, how do you know your place in line?

10. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

The manager at the authorized Verizon retailer told me that a seperate ordering system opens up for them before midnight, and then he has 1 hour to individually input all the orders using the mobile number and account passcode (same code that gets asked if ordering through Apple). Once the clock hits midnight, he is given the option to submit a single bulk order for his store.

Getting added to the list at the Verizon store (different from authorized retailer) just means they e-mail you a link to the same page on the website we all have access to through the website, so not sure what the advantage is here.

11. comptr macrumors 65816

Oh that is true. I did not know that the authorized retitlers get to order in advance. The store I went to did not mention that all he said is they wait in the store and put orders in at 11:30 pm a half hour before they open the orders.

12. VZ Dude macrumors newbie

VZ Dude

For all those in the Denver area, I am starting a pre-order list for the iPhone X. I will be placing orders for anybody on the pre-order list, as soon as midnight hits. If you don't want to wait in line, or wake up at 1AM, let me handle your order for you. I work in Small Business Development, so i can travel and meet at one of our locations to get the ball rolling. Excited to see if they will sell out in the first run like they usually do.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I had this issue when I was on AT&T back when the 6 came out. Returned the phone, my AT&T Next didn't get reset. I was bounced around between ATT and Apple. I made sure that they won't bill me for the phone that I returned. Since I purchased mine at the apple store, AT&T couldn't do anything as it wasn't on their P.O.S, the reset had to be done at the apple store. I finally met an apple staff who previously worked at ATT store and learned that they also had a apple employer who also works for AT&T and has access to able to see where the status is and was able to get my issue resolved.

So where did you purchase the phone? It is quite possible that it's stuck somewhere.

14. VZ Dude macrumors newbie

VZ Dude

As i work for Verizon, hopefully i can help you. Verizon Corporate stores will actually have employees entering your orders at midnight when its time to start. I am part of the indirect channel (Cellular Sales), and we are the only partner of Verizon that can do the same thing. For us its a big party at midnight while we all feverishly enter in orders for all the clients that have contacted us prior to the preorder night. This leaves the clients knowing they will get their order in guaranteed and also get to sleep all night (no alarm or early morning line at the apple store) WIN-WIN!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2017 ---
    BTW, we dont just email you the link. We process your order from start to finish, based on your status (upgrade, new activation, switchover, and so forth). Alot can go wrong when ordering online or over the phone if you are not sure what you are doing. Ive seen plenty of times where people come in looking for their "preordered phone" and show us an email with a link (that they never went to)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2017 ---
    What info are you looking for? See my post regarding iPhone X

15. comptr macrumors 65816

Really, so I now have given my name and number to the cellar sales indirect store in Chandler, AZ & also to my local corporate store that I always buy phones from. So does that mean I do not need to pre-order at midnight then? I am just do not want to loose out getting the phone on launch day. I usually do pre-orders by ordering on the Verizon wireless website every year but this year I though I would do it differently and I alway get my phone on launch day.

16. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

I am forseeing potentially a lot of angry posts from people who did this “pre-preorder” thing through Verizon if ANYTHING goes wrong in any part of the process.
    I’ve happily got my 8+ and I am getting anxiety just thinking about what all you X preorderers are going to be going through. I don’t envy any of you.

17. DMApple macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the 8 Plus at the stroke of midnight PST via Verizon.com and it was painless (upgraded a line). I'll be doing the same thing for the X the second the Verizon page goes live for 2 other lines on my account. I highly doubt the process the stores have in place is going to work any faster/better....I'm sure they would like to tell you that so that the store gets credit for the sale, though.

18. Chuckieboy macrumors newbie

I tried searching for this but couldn't find an exact answer:

I have an iPhone 7 purchased last year on a subsidized 2GB/$60 per month plan. I only paid $200 as it was part of a 2-year contract. I have been paying $200 for a new phone every 2 years which is great.

I now want to buy an iPhone X at full price as I won't be eligible for an upgrade until this time next year. I don't want to sell or upgrade my iPhone 7 as i'll just give it to my son. I read that there is no sim-less iPhone X for Verizon that I can just by from Apple.

Can I buy a Verizon iPhone X and stay under the current agreement? I don't want to mess up my subsidized $200 iPhone X v2 next year. Or will buying an iPhone X under my Verizon account reset my 2 year agreement starting on the day I buy the X?

19. coolbreeze2, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

coolbreeze2 macrumors regular

So it sounds like both Verizon corporate stores and authorized retailers are accepting pre-orders of the iPhone X and will completely order for the customer at midnight when Apple starts accepting preorders on 10/27? 1) If so , which is better to order from? 2) Also, I assume attempting to order from both could get both orders delayed? 3) Also, does pre-ordering from either the corporate store or the authorized retailer prevent ordering through Apple?

20. democracyrules macrumors 6502

Everything you read in the forums about preorder needs to be verified with Verizon and their corporate stores. A lot of scams are occurring to target people who are so desperate to get iPhone X. Please act diligently and do not become a victim.

21. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

Oddly, VZW was/is running a promotion for the 7/7+ in a 3-day special offer. I didn't look that closely but I know it was $200 off. Not sure if they're tying in the unlimited data plan like they did for the 8/8+.

A 2nd rep encouraged me to hold off until 'black Friday' to upgrade when she realized I wasn't in any hurry. She said this based on what VZW did last year on black Friday. Of course, a previous rep told me what VZW did with the 7/7+ last year at launch but that didn't happen (not her fault, of course)....

22. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

Does Verizon use a different ordering system to get the phones from Apple? Meaning has Apple already allotted a certain number of phone for Verizon Pre-orders? If these Pre Pre-Orders are being entered manually by Verizon Reps and apple only has an X amount of phones to go around, I fear that some will be disappointed to find out their Pre Pre order is 6- 8 weeks away.

23. coolbreeze2 macrumors regular

I just visited my local authorized retailer. She stated they are taking names and noting accounts for those who want the iPhone X. She stated on 10/27 they will order the phone for me including adding it to my account. I asked what time on 10/27 would they be ordering and she stated as soon as they open the store at 9am. I stated that would be too late and the order probably would not get filled until 2018. She stated in the past, when they order on the first day of ordering customers received the phone on launch day. I shared that the iPhone X will be in short supply and high demand. She agreed to put my name on the list and call me on 10/27 to ask if I still wanted her to pre-order.

I will visit a corporate store tomorrow and see what they have to offer.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2017 ---
    Here is the special:

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 3.27.09 PM.png

24. comptr macrumors 65816

That is 100% true, any non corporate store will do anything to sell you a iPhone X. The Independent and the Corporate store only asked for my name and my Phone number thats all. So, if one wants to give their info to put them a "list" then don't give anymore then that.

25. Blondie&Dagwood, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017

Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

The manager at the Verizon Authorized retailer I went to stated that he will wake up early and come into the store at 2am EST to get the orders in as they go live. I would recommend finding an authorized store that does the same, or at least says they do. Doesn't look as if Verizon stores do the same though