Carrier The Verizon iPhone X/8 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Correct, I asked them specifically about the X

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Yes. Meet the requirements of your phone price plan, and you are good to go.

3. Hart1583 macrumors regular

Hart1583

What do you guys think of the availability of the 8+ on launch day?
    The hardcore guys will wait for the X
    I never thought I would not want the X, but the price tag doesn’t justify what I use the phone for.
    Texting
    Internet
    Games
    And a lot of pictures of my 4 year old acting goofy.

So anyways, I imagine ample supply of the 8+?

4. glindon macrumors regular

glindon

Well now I know what to expect depending on how the Verizon yearly iPhone thing goes. I’m trading my 7 plus for an 8 and then will upgrade the 2nd line later for the X. Hopefully don’t have to do in-Store and they ship you a box later.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You should be able to reserve one without any problems.

6. Strelok macrumors 6502

Strelok

You might have issues with the Gold color, but even that will probably be fine. I still remember grabbing an iPhone 6 Gold a few days after it released way back in 2015 since everyone was going for the 6 Plus. This time around I think the iPhone X is what everyone will want, with the Gold being a close second.

7. krishmk macrumors regular

I see two problems with this approach
    1. When you upgrade to 8, your device payment agreement stays with the phone number, not sure how the transfer upgrade will work. I was at the impression, the payment agreement is with the number and is not eligible for transfer to another number

2. 2nd line upgrade will cost around $40+ per month for 24 months.

Correct me if I am wrong?

8. binzokun macrumors newbie

For those that did the $650 trade-in promo last year, since our $650 credit is applied monthly spread over 24 months, does anyone know what will happen if we were to upgrade to the X, do we just lose $325, have to give back or buy out the iPhone 7 and have to pay full price for the X? That sounds like a horrible deal lol

9. clutchm3 macrumors regular

clutchm3

Agreed we need separate threads
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2017 ---
    Exactly which is why you should not do that. Thats what they are hoping everyone WOULD do but then you would not get the full $650.

I wonder if they will offer a trade in program. You could potentially buy out your plan and trade in but you would still lose money.

10. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

Has anyone heard anything about trade in credit for the 8 yet?

11. comptr macrumors 65816

Not Yet. They will announce trade in programs closer to the 8's pre-order date and run them till the X comes out so that people can use them for the X too.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2017 ---
    Yes you would loose the 325 and you would be given 2 choices if you are at 50% then you can give them back your phone and the remaining balance on the phone goes way and you get the new phone or you pay off the remaining balance, then you trade it in or sell it on your own. If you used Verizon Device Payments you must be at 50%, meaning you must of paid 50% of the phone then only can you upgrade and when you activate the new phone, you have to send them back your current phone or you have to pay if off before you order the new phone.

12. UKFan643 macrumors regular

Since I'm waiting for the X, I will have made 2 extra device payments on my 7. Do I get some kind of credit for those? Anyone know?

13. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

14. dienwade724 macrumors newbie

dienwade724

I don't know how much iphone 8 and iphone 7 difference.

15. tssumners macrumors newbie

16. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

I hope this doesn't end up being the only promo/trade-in offer. I personally have no reason to switch to an unlimited plan.

17. tssumners macrumors newbie

Me either

18. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

you get NOTHING.
    no seriously, its all about keeping your payments going. They're not going to give you anything more because you made 2 extra payments, that just goes into their pockets.
    the biggest question is if they release a new one next sept, you'll need to be @ 50% payments by then, which means more cash and sooner to upgrade again.

19. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

Just saw that this morning and as tssumners points out, the requirement of an unlimited plan is a doozy !! It's kinda bull**** too. VZW did everything they could to get people off of unlimited before.

I personally will not even consider this current offer and am holding off doing anything for now. We'll see what is offered once the models are actually available. This may just be a preliminary offer to see how many people bite.

20. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I want an iPhone 8 and I have a 6s in perfect condition — I’m a Verizon customer so can I trade in my 6s and preorder the 8 at 3 AM somehow?

21. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Couple questions:

I plan on ordering at the Apple store if my Apple.com purchase doesn’t go through.

1. Will the Apple monthly payment plan be applied to my verizon bill?
    2. What do we think the deposit would be for the iPhone X 256gb would be either with Verizon/Apple Store?

22. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Yeah if you're waiting for the X no promotional offers are going even pop up until close to 10/27 but if you have the 7+ at least the 128 model I think they are offering 325 toward trade in credit

23. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

The $300 offer for a 6s is eh. Considering that Verizon charges the $30 upgrade fee, I already have an offer from BuyBackWorld to sell a 6s for $265, so there $300-30 is already $270 (plus the fact that the $300 is spread out over 24 months). Thinking I might just sell the 6s I was going to use as the trade in, and buy directly from Apple.

24. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I honestly think if you are not super hyped about the x and can wait it out until stock is plentiful- you will see the $300 gift cards from target and Best Buy even on the x. That will be 4 to 6 after the release but it gives you time to really see if people are loving the x

I will preorder two x's in black one in 64gb for my son ( preorder date is his 30th birthday) and one in 256gb for myself but for the first time - Im keeping my 7 plus for a min to make sure this x phone lives up to its $1149 price tag. If it doesn't it will be going right back in 12 days

This is the first time I have ever even questioned an Apple product surviving my approval.

25. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

I was so sure I was going to order the X before the event yesterday; and then afterwards I looked at the feature difference between the 8 and the X and it just didn't seem like enough for me to justify. But I will eagerly check them out when they are available in stores :)