Carrier The Verizon iPhone X/8 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. UKFan643 macrumors regular

Unless they change something this year, it will not. If you go through Apple, you will have to make a separate payment from your Verizon bill.

2. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Hmmmmmm I may actually consider this
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017 ---
    thinking I may check out the 8+ in store cause right now the wireless charging and the OLED screen are the best features

3. Hojobones macrumors newbie

Has anyone switch from att to Verizon? I have iPhone upgrade program, and would like to move to Verizon. Do I need a current account with Verizon to preorder a Verizon IUP phone?

4. cardfan macrumors 65816

Any idea if the watch "line" has its own data or is it sharing the iphone's. I can understand verizon increasing it to 10 because most connected devices don't really use a lot of data. But the apple watch will stream apple music so that's not the same case.

5. CircleTheWagons macrumors newbie

I have a question about the Verizon upgrade program. I have the 7plus but I recently sat on it and it is somewhat bent. It's $100 through AppleCare to fix. I am eligible for the upgrade, so I am wondering if Verizon would accept the somewhat bent 7plus trade in and allow me to upgrade to the 8plus. It's only a couple bucks more a month on the payment plan, which would end up being cheaper than the $100 to get this one repaired. Anyone know how Verizon is with this?

6. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

Does anyone have experience ordering from Verizon on the first day of Pre-Order? I would like to have it by the 22nd, I know Apple will get it there on that day but will Verizon do the same? Hopefully they pull something off like the did with the Note 8 and get to us earlier than expected.

7. iteklog macrumors member

I did with my iphone 7 last year. Order the phone on pre oder day on verizon website and got the phone on launch day. It was very smooth i was surprised.
    I called verzion and they told that i need to make a payment of 280$ to reach the 50% of the phone payment and i should be able to pre order the iphone x on pre order day.

Compared to last year, i paid off my iphone 6s and pre order the 7 with no issues. Then sold my 6s on craiglist..

Anyone knows if either options is good?

Want to ensure that i wont run into issues on pre oder day for the iphone x :)

8. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Yeah usually two days before they update the shipping info, at least thats what happened last year
    remind me if you have 50% paid do how do they offset the rest when you preorder your new phone?

9. iteklog macrumors member

So verizon told me that after the 50% paid off, i should be able to pre order the new phone. When they ship the new phone, they will include a return label to send your old iphone. They did mentioned that the phone needs to be in good condition to pass their inspection upton return.

10. clutchm3 macrumors regular

clutchm3

That $300 trade in deal BLOWS, I hope they bring back a $650 one like last year

11. krishmk macrumors regular

$300 for trade-in with iPhone 7 sucks big time.
    Last year, they took the iPhone6 and gave 24 equal monthly payments for iPhone 7 and now just $300?

12. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

if the verizon $300 + unlimited promo is the only announced before pre-orders, will likely just skip pre-orders and wait til next week to see if more promos get announced and wait til friday to walk in store.

13. cshackelford25 macrumors member

yeah I'm going to wait and see what happens once the iphone 8 drops cause if sales are down by the time the X gets here that will say a lot

14. preciousiphoneaddict macrumors newbie

preciousiphoneaddict

I read a lot of people here needs to pay 50% of their active phone before they can upgrade. Where do i find out if i have the same? I dont know if i posted it in this thread but i have 21% payed for my active phone but it says im eligible for upgrade

15. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Just call Verizon and they will tell you where you stand

16. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

Or just click on 'upgrade options' for the device in your Verizon account page. No need to call.

17. krishmk macrumors regular

I have paid off 50% and I went thru upgrade options, it is showing me $300 eligible trade-in offer for iPhone7, just like what the main page says.

Unless they are still updating their website, we are not getting the full trade-in value for the phone, just like we got for iphone6 to iphone7 upgrade.

18. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

That's what I think, too.

I'm just trying to decide how patient I can be. And I want to see the reviews.

19. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

I’d rather buy the VZW version of the X instead of the unlocked T-Mobile version. Any idea how I could preorder for full price on the 27th without a Verizon account?

Will the Apple app allow that?

20. Beerstalker macrumors 6502

I don't think you will be able to, you have to wait until the non-carrier unlocked version is available, which I believe usually takes a couple of months.

I know in the past to order the Verizon phone either on the Apple Website, Verizon Website, Verizon store, or Best Buy store you have to supply them with your Verizon phone number. I do not have an Apple Store near me so I can't comment on that.

21. WinterWolf90 macrumors 6502

I think the unlocked version is available from the start on the apple website, but the verizon one is the same as that one right?

22. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

23. Peoplehelper24 macrumors member

If you currently have a Verizon device agreement, (I bought the 7 128gb last year and recieved the 650 promo credit), can you buy a new phone through apple on that account, either by buying it in full or using the iphone upgrade program?

24. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

pretty sure you can't. that promo credit is to be applied over 24mo. i inquired about this last year with verizon. at the time, the said, you can't pay the balance if you want the 2017 iphone, which is why i didn't do the promo.

25. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

So it definitely feels a bit slower on here this year as compared to years past. I'm wondering if the two different release days and the different models might ramp down the normal preorder rush.

Also, the VZ promo is lame this year as compared to years past so I'm tempted to buy directly from Apple.

I will say that the past few launches I have ordered from VZ or T-Mobile and always gotten my launch day iPhone.