Carrier The Verizon iPhone X/8 Pre-Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dd0tc, Sep 6, 2017.

1. swedegirl macrumors regular

I agree....it does seem MUCH slower here than previous years. I assume things will pick up in late October?

2. clutchm3 macrumors regular

clutchm3

AGREED much slower. I think there should be separate threads for the iPhone 8 orders and iPhone X

3. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Basically this. I think a lot of us waiting for October when the X preorders begin. That's when the madness will begin lol. Damn I wish X preorders began Friday. November seems so far away lol

4. ksujoel macrumors regular

ksujoel

I've preordered from Verizon the last 3 years. Got my phone on launch day every time. :)

5. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

6. comptr macrumors 65816

Ya the VZ promo that is offered so far is no good. I hope before the X pre-orderes open they give better promos.

7. Hawkeyeman Suspended

My line is clear and ready to go and the wife owes 30.00 to upgrade. She is getting the 8+ 256, and I’m waiting on the X, silver 256

I usually call Verizon but I see most seen to order through the Apple app. Is that just as simple and if in early enough still get it launch day?

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

And I think the Hype will continue to build for the iPhone X during the course of the next six weeks, mainly because there will be more tech reviews and insider articles about the capabilities for those considering the X. So I think the demand will be incredible during the pre-ordering on the 27th.

9. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Yep. That's basically the real launch. I'm not downing the 8/8+ but it's clear as day that the majority are waiting on the X. I'm still trying to decide what color and capacity I should get lol #FirstWorldProbs

10. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The Good news, is you have a lot of time to decide between now and October 27. Silver 64 GB for me.

11. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Same here. Can’t decide on the capacity either, at least I decided on the color. Lol

12. cshackelford25 macrumors member

Yeah last year it picked up after the preorder date cause everyone was chiming in on the date they thought they phone would come in

13. vtaznboylei macrumors newbie

vtaznboylei

does anyone remember how the stock level of + model phones have been on launch day in carriers for the past few years? debating whether to pre-order tonight or just wait til next friday to walk in local verizon. thoughts? thanks.

14. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Yeah. I figured. Might just make a VZW account and close it out after the phone arrives. We will see!

15. preciousiphoneaddict macrumors newbie

preciousiphoneaddict

Feeling giddy here. I cannot wait!!! Iphone 8 plus in 256gb blush gold

Attached Files:

16. corfio macrumors member

What is the unlimited promo that you are referring to?

17. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Verizon's site is advertising "up to" $300 off a new iPhone 8 with a trade-in when you switch to the unlimited plan. The credit is spread over 24 months on a new device payment plan (meaning you won't get the full $300 if you don't keep the new device for 24 months).

Which is ridiculous, because the VZW site says my paid-off iPhone 7 is worth $345 by itself if I trade it in (nothing to do with this promotion). So trade my phone in for $345 and keep my current 8GB plan or take this promotion and get $300 spread over 24 months and be forced into the unlimited plan which I don't need. Hmmmm...

18. Hawkeyeman Suspended

Can I order just as quick and easy through the Apple app or better to call or use Verizon app?

19. corfio macrumors member

Can you link me to the promotion? I was looking on their website and cannot locate any mentioning of the promotion for the new phones?

20. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Any of the above, but it depends on several factors. For starters, it depends on whether you have a current Verizon device payment plan and if you are eligible to upgrade (meaning you've paid off 50%). If so, I would order via Verizon's site. Verizon's site will be you for any remaining payments at the time of checkout if you aren't currently at 50% (i.e. if you're 1 payment shy of 50% paid off).

If you're eligible to upgrade (meaning you're at 50% or not on a device payment plan), you can use Apple's site.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:57 AM ---
    It's right on their homepage. You may have to scroll through the various advertisements (there are 6 I think).

Edit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/wireless-devices/smartphones/iphone/#why-verizon

21. Hawkeyeman Suspended

Yea the line is free and clear paid off waiting for an upgrade. I’ll go through the Apple app for the first time. See how it goes. I’ll be happy if it comes next Friday

22. cardfan macrumors 65816

There was a huge thread last year loving that 650 promo. A few did try to warn people that you'll need to make pmts over 24 months to get the full discount. There's no paying it off early. You can't get another iphone on that line with a new pmt plan without breaking that discount.

The promo this year (300) is garbage. I'll probably buy a few iphone X's at full price at a discount and keep making pmts on old phone (to get my other half of discount) although i'll trade in or sell old phone now.

23. cshackelford25 macrumors member

I've done the payment plan before you can pay it off early it just has be the full amount at the time you're trying to do it, you can't pay it down

24. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

I think he means you can't pay it off early AND keep the 650 promo which is prorated over 24 months. If you pay off early(which you can always do), you short yourself a portion of the 650 credit which in this case if it's 12 months, then you lose half the promo credit because you pay it off early.

25. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Has the process to buy off contract changed in the recent years on Verzion? Last time I did it was a relatively painless process (6s) and I'd rather have physical ownership of the device off of a contract getting an 8+ this time around.