The "waiting for Trump to release his tax return" thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AlliFlowers, Jul 26, 2016.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I really just want to know if he's As wealthy as he claims, or if he really deserved the kind of deduction he took in NY for being low income.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Don't bet on it happening or if he does it will be. Hacked version.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. Huntn, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

If it's considered a negative, it won't be released. Otherwise, why hide it?

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

The Trumpsters don't want to discuss this. Hasn't most, if not, all, Presidential candidates since the 70s released their tax returns?

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

OMG. Trump should claim in a press conference that he emailed them to Hillary and then Hillary destroyed them. He should then tell the press to ask Russia for his tax returns because Hillarys server was hacked by Russia.

Oh, that would be fun.

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

It is not a requirement. Him releasing them or not does not change my vote.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Most of them do. Most of them also release their transcripts from school, something Obama did not do.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If Trump were to release his tax returns, his entire fabricated history would crumble.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not to bring Hillary is this, but would you criticize her if she didn't want to release her tax returns? There seems to be a "Hillary standard" and others standard. People are always criticizing her for not releasing her private speaking transcripts, when NO candidate in the history, has ever released their transcripts. I don't get this double standard. Let's be fair here.

11. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

It could be the reason he won't release them is that Russia already knows what is in those tax returns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/us/politics/kremlin-donald-trump-vladimir-putin.html

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if you don't care how crooked she is why would others care how crooked trump is?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 26, 2016 ---
    DNC rigging the elections is Russias fault, awesome.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

Rigging? Let's not act like Hillary force these people to vote for her. Bernie lost by nearly 4 million vote. It is NOT our fault he didn't want to campaign in the south during the first Super Tuesday. He was down 200+ pledge delegates at that point.

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The places right wing flights of fancy take us, lol. :)

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If anyone doesn't think they both have some shady financial pasts then I'll have what you're having.

17. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

15.8M for Clinton, 12.0M for Sanders. It is all right here:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

Not that I think any political party is required to go with the candidate with the largest plurality, BTW. That isn't the system the U.S. has. The current system is to do things state by state, and parties are free to operate however they want within the limits of the state rules. To move to a multi-stage preference voting system like a few countries have, would require a constitutional amendment.

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

People still chose to vote for Clinton, the DNC did not hold them hostage and force them to vote for her. And why is it surprising that the DNC would support the Democratic candidate rather than the independent candidate who has never done anything for them.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

My bad, I was looking on the main page: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ ....not quite 4 million, but it was close/

upload_2016-7-26_11-7-17.png

21. vrDrew, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

vrDrew macrumors 65816

I will note that release of one's personal Income Tax returns is not a legal requirement for running for President. And I don't expect Donald Trump to ever release them. Actually I'd frankly be shocked if did end up releasing his tax returns. Thats the way he is.

Whether this is because the forms would show some deep, dark secret; or simply because Donald Trump believes he can get away with not doing so, is an interesting - but not totally enlightening - question.

If you've a little time on your hands, check out the (required) Financial Disclosure form filed by Trump. Its an interesting read, but not for the reasons you might expect. A couple of things jump out at me: One of which is the sheer number of business operations and limited liability corporations Trump is involved with. But also how very few of them seem to actually throw off a lot of what you and I would call income: Cash you can deposit in a bank.

The second is that there really isn't any one single item, no ownership in a particular company or property, that says "Hey, this is a really rich dude!". Instead we get to see that Donald Trump is a President/Member of "Trump Marks Mattress LLC" and that he owns 100% of it.

How much is that worth? As of right now, probably not much. Since last year Serta announced that it will stop selling Trump-branded mattresses. But even before that, I find it hard to believe that Trump-branded mattresses were a huge source of revenue and wealth for anybody. Including Donald Trump. A few hundred thousand dollars a year, maybe.

Which brings us back to a comment that (bona fide) rich guy Mark Cuban made: If Trump is really as rich as he claims to be, why is he messing around with chickencrap like Trump-branded mattresses?

Update: For a few chuckles, read the reviews of the Trump-branded mattresses online. Most of which were written long before Trump announced he was running for President. Most of them run along the lines of: "Felt comfortable in the store. But soon started sagging and falling apart."

I think there's a metaphor lurking in there.

22. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

False, or we'd all know it by now! :rolleyes:

Also a long with his tax reporting he might as well throw his birth certificate in there too. Cause you know it's important to him to verify the president's nationality...

23. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

This is my take. Trump's net worth is at best a third of what he claims.

24. nfl46 macrumors 603

This is what people are failing to realize. Sanders got DEMOLISHED in the South! He was down 200+ pledge delegates and there was no coming back from that. I don't know why these Bernie supporters fail to realize it. It was OVER on the night of March 15th. She beat him in nearly all the BIG states (California, Texas, Florida, New York). But, of course, they blame it on a rigged election.

Clinton vs Sanders was the battle of demographics! Demographics RULED and she won. Sanders struggled with the African American and Latino vote and could only win in small white states.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

IS Orangegutan a nationality?