the wall-e movie and what movies have mac sounds in them

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ljonesj, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

I noticed when i first watched this movie that at the end when wall-e starts up its the startup of the mac computers i thought that was neat.

ps if this is in the wrong forum please move it

2. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

So did I! I got excited, how lame is that? :p
    I also still get excited when I see a Mac in a movie, and feel like there is something missing if I see a Dell instead of a Mac in a movie.. Can't help but feel that the movie with the Dell doesn't quite equate to the Mac movie, unless it's a really good movie!

3. ljonesj thread starter macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

also auto from the wall-e has something to do with mac and did not smallville use apple computers. the comic strip foxtrot uses a ifruit which u can tell is a imac lol

4. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

5. spetykowski macrumors member

Wall-e is a great movie, the addition of the mac start up chime is perfect.

To add to the list, it's not a movie, but in Brad Paisley's song "online" he refers to his mac, and you hear the start up chime. It's a really good song, and jokes about us as computer nerds. Which I am sooo not! :p

also as far as sounds other than the start up chime, I believe it was (500) days of summer that use the mac, volume blip sounds when the music gets louder from the computer. I'm not 100% on that one but i had just noticed it recently. I'll have to double check that one.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Fanboyism at it's peak.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Yeah, I was going to say: you people are nuts.

Though for a while it was a great way to tell who was going to be the mole in 24. :eek:

8. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I disagree, while you may say its just to see the brand but more times than not they use a mac not because the ease of use etc, but because it looks better than almost all of the PC's out there.

9. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It may well look better than all other computers out there (subjective to opinion), however making an opinion on a movie due to which computer company has sponsored them or not is highly irrational. Generally the film has absolutely nothing to do with what computer is advertised, and just because the film may have a Mac/Dell(/any other computer manufacturer) in it does not make it a better/worse film.