The Walls are Closing In on Trump

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
To be honest, I forgot this Russia thing was even a thing. He seems to be the only public figure freaking out about it ...just as he did about the popular vote.
:confused: That’s an awfully short memory.

I’m concerned that Congress hasn’t done anything to address Russia interfering in our election. Are we going to go through an important mid-year election pretending it didn’t happen? How about our government taking steps to ensure that our elections aren’t tampered with (as much as possible) and that our votes are secure and verifiable?

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
In a strange co-incidence, documents released today clearly prove that Lee Harvey Oswald did not collude with Russia. But that hardly makes him innocent of killing JFK.

And that's the thing Trump people don't understand. There doesn't have to be an actual explicit agreement between the Russian Government and Donald Trump personally in order for there to be a huge problem for Trump. (That never seemed very plausible, if for no other reason than: That's not the way Russian intelligence works)

The Mueller investigation is gathering information about a series of very serious crimes: Money laundering; income tax evasion; fraud; etc. etc. When Trump and his sons, daughter, advisors, and cronies are indicted - those will be the charges.

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I guess you haven't watched CNN lately. Their monitors in the control room have permanent burnin with the word Russia on it. They have been non stop since the election.
I guess you just started paying attention to anything. Obama's birth certificate non-story was given airtime on Fox News for almost his entire presidency.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
How much has the Russia investigation actually cost? I keep hearing "costly" from the right, but without any real numbers to back that up (as they rarely do).

For comparison, the numerous Benghazi investigations orchestrated by the Republicans cost upwards of $20mil and two years of time to find no wrongdoing on Clinton's part. When is the GOP going to refund the government for that complete waste of time?

Wake me up when there is proof that the Russia investigation rises to those spending levels.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
Wake me up when somebody, anybody has any solid evidence that Trump colluded with Russia.

On the other hand, the Congressional probe into DNC/Clinton/Uranium One/Fusion GPS matter isn't over by a long shot.
Is that the only crime we're interested in?

How about the time Trump admitted to Lester Holt that he fired Comey because he was pursuing the Russia investigation? An innocent person wouldn't have done that...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
The walls are closing in on Trump? Damn, your reality is truly distorted. It's more like the walls are closing in on Hillary and the DNC.
Stop watching fake news.
Stop listening to the lying President LOL. One does not negate the other. Both Hillary and Trump can both be going down. You do realize that, right? One is not dependent on the other?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Is that the only crime we're interested in?

How about the time Trump admitted to Lester Holt that he fired Comey because he was pursuing the Russia investigation? An innocent person wouldn't have done that...
Or the fact that they are investigating members of his campaign as well. Trump himself doesn’t have to have done anything for his campaign to have colluded with the Russians. My guess is it didn’t go all the way up to him, but there were people in his campaign working with them. Otherwise Trump probably would have tweeted a thank you note to the Russians already.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Wake me up when somebody, anybody has any solid evidence that Trump colluded with Russia.

On the other hand, the Congressional probe into DNC/Clinton/Uranium One/Fusion GPS matter isn't over by a long shot.
So, basically, if an investigation targets someone you hate, you're rapt. And, if it targets someone you love, it's a nothingburger.

Fortunately, unlike Congress, this isn't how the FBI works.

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
Stop listening to the lying President LOL. One does not negate the other. Both Hillary and Trump can both be going down. You do realize that, right? One is not dependent on the other?
Donnie is not going nowhere. People chose him and there is nothing that you or all the other haters in government or outside it can do about it. The train will keep on rolling.

Donnie 2020

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Donnie is not going nowhere. People chose him and there is nothing that you or all the other haters in government or outside it can do about it. The train will keep on rolling.

Donnie 2020
You're right. Donnie is going nowhere.

And yes. Actually there's a lot citizens and Congress can do about it. For example - not elect him for a 2nd term. But he's still got Mueller's investigation too.

And I really do hope he testifies. We both know if he does - he will perjure himself. If you deny that, you deny who he is at his core.

Fancuku

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2015
PA, USA
Trump is finished!

Says increasingly nervous man for seventh time this year.
Just remember the 13% chance of winning the election and laugh.
[doublepost=1509129206][/doublepost]
What are you going to do when this fizzles into nothing?

The Democrats wanted this investigation and so far the only thing they’ve found is their own wrongdoing.
Hey now, Mueller gots tons of dirt on Donnie but he only tells vrDrew. That's how we know Donnie is going down.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
What are you going to do when this fizzles into nothing?

The Democrats wanted this investigation and so far the only thing they’ve found is their own wrongdoing.
When what does? Trump's incompetence? As I said on the other thread - I could care a lot more about this investigation. Russia collusion isn't going to take him down. However other things being investigated could. It also doesn't negate everything else Trump is doing as a failing President.

You keep missing the target.
[doublepost=1509129346][/doublepost]
Just remember the 13% chance of winning the election and laugh.
[doublepost=1509129206][/doublepost]
Hey now, Mueller gots tons of dirt on Donnie but he only tells vrDrew. That's how we know Donnie is going down.
Source for that please.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
The only thing that’s going to take Trump down is a loss in the next election.

Anything else is a (fake) liberal fantasy.

I would advise you start early on your party’s campaign strategy. You clearly still don’t have one.