The Wall's Getting a Bonus Moat…

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Naaaaak, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

…after Trump drags his balls across the Gulf to the Pacific!

Excerpts from his talk with Nieto:
    Best boardroom, yet. How to negotiate from a position of strength. America First!

2. citizenzen Suspended

Interesting. So you see that as a successful form of negotiation?

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Interesting.
    this has been debunked by both sides, yet people are sharing this idiocy everywhere.
    I guess it's the year of fake news.
    Oh and another BS regarding Australia is already in the works.

4. MaulRx Suspended

Of course both sides would deny if a conversation like this took place. It gets traction because it sounds just like something he would say(if he didn't in fact say it).

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Yeah the anonymous source, provides a tiny bit of information, no context, nothing credible. And we should believe it just because?
    Please.

6. MaulRx Suspended

Not saying we should; just pointing out that the President has a problem with these fake news stories(if that's what it is) that he himself started by not thinking before he speaks.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Soooooo the President of Mexico didn't say he was going to build a 324B tunnel and make America pay for it?

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You can't blame the POTUS on the press not doing due diligence. For God's sake we are talking about the Associate Press, The Hill, The Independent, and a couple more big news sources that published this crap. And they are not really retracting.
    *This* is exactly why Trump won Michigan.

9. MaulRx Suspended

The sources reporting this tell me it's maybe not as crap as you may think. Again, both sides have no reason to confirm officially and you have to admit it sounds just like something he would say. That's the problem with his not having selective vocalization of his thoughts.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Just because it sounds plausible to some it doesn't mean anything. Before claiming that the US threatened an invasion of Mexico the press *has to* do due diligence. Plausibility is not enough, and not even knowledge of the source is enough.
    I mean, are we kidding here? This is serious stuff the press is playing with.

11. MaulRx Suspended

Who says they didn't do their due diligence? They posted the story didn't they? Furthermore plausibility is more than enough to break a story. It goes hand in hand with credibility that places like the The Hill have earned.

12. RedOrchestra Suspended

Well, you tell us ... you're the master of reposting fake news.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

They say it. They posted it admitting they are even without the context.
    Again, *this* is why the D lost Michigan

14. MaulRx Suspended

Maybe we are reading two different things or at different times of the day. They do have citing sources from both countries.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Lack of sense of humor noted.

16. RedOrchestra Suspended

You found it funny to run roughshod over President Trump by posting a false story about a death being his responsibilty . pathetic

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

From the original source (AP)
    "The excerpt of the call did not detail who exactly Trump considered "bad hombres," nor did it make clear the tone and context of the remark, made in a Friday morning phone call between the leaders. It also did not contain Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto's response. Mexico denies that Trump made the threat."

https://apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa7...exico:-Take-care-of-'bad-hombres'-or-US-might

I hope I don't have to explain why publishing this stuff like that is foolish to say the least.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Funny? Not at all. And corrected the thread as soon as it was found to be inaccurate.

If you think I found it at all amusing - then that's on you.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    Trump has definitely been on the receiving end more than anything. However you can blame part of that on his personality and penchant to open his mouth with a filter. That being said - and I don't mean to derail the conversation - I think some forget that during the election - there were a lot of fake news stories being posted from the right about Hillary/etc.

It's certainly "interesting" times we live in now.

19. RedOrchestra Suspended

Your posting history shows you relished every moment - yep, yet another slag at the POTUS.

20. MaulRx Suspended

You left out the part where someone with access to the official transcript, and we can all agree these calls are transcribed, gave a portion of it to the AP. If the media didn't report on things as soon as the threshold of probability was met then that would always give the "bad hombres" time to get out ahead of it and then nobody wins.

21. MaulRx Suspended

It's telling the truth when it's your enemy and smearing when it's you.

22. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

You did it again? I missed it. Is it still around?

23. RedOrchestra Suspended

24. MaulRx, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017

MaulRx Suspended

25. Zenithal macrumors 68040

If that's direct word, I cringe at his use of "hombre." Good lord.