The weight difference between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 is about equal to..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brayhite, Sep 18, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

..a Duracell Ultra AA battery (137 grams - 112 grams = 25 grams, Duracell Ultra AA battery weighs 24 grams).

The weight difference between the iPhone 5 and slightly heavier (than iPhone 4) iPhone 4S is exactly equal to a rechargeable NiMH Duracell AA battery (140 grams - 112 grams = 28 grams, rechargeable NiMH Duracell AA battery weighs 28 grams).

So you know how much heavier your remotes feel after putting a battery in them? That's the same difference between what you have now, and what some of you will have Friday (or Monday, or maybe tomorrow, possibly Thursday, definitely sometime or another).

Before you say I have too much time on my hands, this took all of 5 minutes of quick Googling. I was interested in the weight differences since that seems to be what everyone notices aside from the screen, and found comparable weights in batteries. Whatever. At least you learned something.

Resume talking about shipment dates.

2. MR1324 macrumors 6502

controllers are heavy, so it is hard to imagine the weight difference. a better form of imagery would be to imagine holding something lighter than a feather. the 4s is already extremely light, so it is hard to imagine something even lighter.

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Thats very cool, thanks for the info.

4. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

No problem! :D

5. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

the iphone 4s is heavy.

I just held a galaxy III and it was light so the new iphone is even lighter...

6. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

True. I guess I just know how every time I open a package for a controller (video game, stereo, tv, etc.) I think "wow, this is so light." Then I put the battery(s) in and think "oh, wait, no it's not."