The Well Read Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 20, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

“At a time when events move so quickly and so much information is transmitted, the ability to slow down and get perspective, along with the ability to get in somebody else’s shoes – those two things have been invaluable to me,” Obama said. “Whether they’ve made me a better president, I can’t say. But what I can say is that they have allowed me to sort of maintain my balance during the course of eight years.”

A couple of days later, Trump talked to Axios’ co-founders, Mike Allen and Jim Vandehei, and the reporters asked the incoming president about his own appreciation for books. One asked, for example, what’s on his nightstand. It led to this exchange:
    Q: Is there [a book] you actually like that you’d recommend?

TRUMP: I like a lot of books. I like reading books. I don’t have the time to read very much now in terms of the books, but I like reading them. This one is just one that just came out. CNN. The CNN book just came out.
    He was referring, of course, to a book about himself.

A few days before the election, Trump was asked to name his favorite books. He named the two ghost-written books he claims to have written: “The Art of the Deal” and “Surviving at the Top.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-literary-dividing-line-between-trump-and-obama

2. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

That CNN book is a great recommendation! Trump's life story is an amazing tale of success. He's fabulously wealthy, married to a supermodel, has kids he can be proud of, and has defeated the odds to become the most powerful man on Earth.

It's a story ripped from today's headlines! I'll go buy it right now!!

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

If thats what you got out of the story, have at it.

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

You'll support CNN?

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

What? He loves reading but doesn't have a lot of time lately. He honestly recommends the new CNN book because he thinks people will enjoy reading it.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    Sure. I don't want CNN to fail as a business, because they're so much more effective failing as a Liberal-biased mainstream news organization.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Honestly and Trump don't work in the same sentence. Go back and read what he said. How he said it. Most 5 year olds can form better sentences. He's about to become President. He talks a lot but says very little. Maybe you prefer someone who speaks at very low grade level. I don't.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I've already speculated what the Trump library will consist of- Trump books and any scrap of print that says something nice about him along with Melania's lingerie posters.

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I'm not actually sure Trump knows how to read. He's been tweeting using TTS and STT this entire time.

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

When you're a billionaire who's married to a supermodel and have managed to become president of the greatest nation ever, I'll pay attention to your criticism of a man who has done all those things.

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

First he made her a supermodel, then he married her. So it's not like she was independently a super model first. He bought for her supermodel status.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

There are many ways to measure success. Money isn't everything. Especially when part of that is at the expense of screwing people over in order to get it. Marrying a supermodel isn't an achievement unless you have the depth of a 13 year old. That's not to discount Supermodels as amazing people or that they aren't marriage material. But the simple fact of marrying one doesn't mean anything. Becoming President is a great achievement. But now he has to BE the President. And that is what he will be judged on, and rightfully so. You already paid attention to my criticism here and elsewhere by replying. And if you don't pay attention to my criticism, I'll still sleep at night. I'm not hear for your approval or validation.

Enjoy the inauguration.

12. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Well, I'm glad you're not jealous that he's got a beautiful wife. And hey! You've got Michelle to admire.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    Thank you! You do the same.

13. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

You're the one swooning over him begging for the chance to smell his finger. I've got a better wife - and one I didn't purchase out of catalog.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Have a nice day, and enjoy the inauguration!

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

What catalog? Why I never receive it?

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It was included in the box if you got a case of Trump Steaks. There was also a one page ad in the course catalogue of Trump University.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Oh well... I'll still browse with scientific interest the Victoria's secret catalog

18. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

@DUCKofD3ATH , I admire the way you blissfully ignored the content of the rebuttals to your argument.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Is this mean?

[​IMG]
    Come see me at the White House! (Link)
    ...Oops, wrong Trump, but might apply

[​IMG]
    Better. :D

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Now picture Hillary Clinton, Bill, or Michelle in those same poses. I much prefer the ones above, thank you.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Personally I think we should not stoop to such behavior. No need to objectify these women.

22. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Defeated the odds????? Born rich, went to the best schools, given a million bucks to start a business, had all his daddy's connection... what odds?

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Went from being a millionaire to a billionaire. That's an order of magnitude increase in prosperity over what he was born with. Yeah, that's beating the odds. And that's not counting beating the Democratic party, the mainstream media, and the Republican elites to take control of the presidency. Another odds beater.

24. sim667 macrumors 65816

Welcome to Trump's America.

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Well....gosh. I admire how you drop into the topic with an outlandish claim for which you offer not the tiniest morsel of evidence. You fit right in with the Democrats and Liberals -- I hope that's not offensive.