Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Id love to know who was the first person that got through to order the iPhone 5. What time did u get ur order through?

I had my order placed, and a confirmation email from apple with order # at 3:04am EST.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
it was me...2:01:01 CST

ferrisdealwithit.gif

spacebetween

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
A friend of mine was able to get onto Verizon's site and order at 258 am EST. His email confirmation showed 3:02 a.m.

Made me extremely frustrated as I was waiting to get on and couldn't get through until 45 minutes later, ha.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
My confirmation email was at 12PST exact. I was not the first for sure though because I only knew Vz opened early when someone posted they had preordered early.

Does the "Order Number' have anything to do with when you ordered compared to others? Mine is 35,xxx.

spacebetween

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
My confirmation email was at 12PST exact. I was not the first for sure though because I only knew Vz opened early when someone posted they had preordered early.

Does the "Order Number' have anything to do with when you ordered compared to others? Mine is 35,xxx.

Could be. As I said above, my friend got on early on the Verizon site and his number started at 66, XXX. Looks like your completed yours 3 minutes before he did.

trevorlc

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007

Me thinks not necessarily, because my order number is 11XXXX and my confirmation e-mail from VZ is 12:01PST.

My guess would be that each Location Code is like a different warehouse/shipping center for them and the order numbers are unique to that location, thats why they always ask for location code along with order number. maybe?

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Me thinks not necessarily, because my order number is 11XXXX and my confirmation e-mail from VZ is 12:01PST.

My guess would be that each Location Code is like a different warehouse/shipping center for them and the order numbers are unique to that location, thats why they always ask for location code along with order number. maybe?

Ya my guess is no. When I want to check status it wants the long ass "Preoder number", the order number seems to be irrelevant to anything front end.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Through the Apple store app I got one like 30 seconds before midnight. The second one I ordered took much longer.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Pre-orders went live on Verizon at least 5 minutes early, so probably a Verizon customer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.