The "Wi-Fi People Are Jealous Of My 3G And It's Getting Annoying" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Not a day goes by that I don't run into someone at work or in an Apple store who sees that I've got the 3G model and makes some snide comment like "Oh, I have the wi-fi model.....that 3G is useless.....I always have good wi-fi".

I'm cool with wi-fi people being proud of their decision, but please, do they have to try to make us feel like we overspent on something useless just because they regret their decision?

Anyone else having these types of experiences?

BJ

Kaemon

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Probably best not to wear your "iPad 3G Elitist Club® Member" shirt at the same time...

Just saying....

>_>

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
It reminds me of the people who already own an ipod touch who say to me "It's just a big ipod touch, it was a bad idea". In the end, they're all just jealous they don't have one :D

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Is there good WIFI everywhere they go, or do they only go where they is good WIFI?

Enjoy your 3G.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I have 3G on my iPad. It's called my iPhone with MyWi and I only have to pay AT&T once. :)

danpass

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2009
Miami, FL
If MyWi doesn't work out (ie: if it ends up draining phone batt too quickly) I may sell my way to a 16G lol.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Not a day goes by that I don't run into someone at work or in an Apple store who sees that I've got the 3G model and makes some snide comment like "Oh, I have the wi-fi model.....that 3G is useless.....I always have good wi-fi"
Your life is miserable and you need to get out more. Get a new job and stop going to the apple store.

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
I don't see how someone with the wifi iPad could be jealous of the 3G iPad. I mean it's a $130 difference not $1300. It's not like there is some magical barrier between the two. If you don't need 3G then no point spending more money on it. However if wifi owners regret their decision it's not that hard to sell their wifi version right now for what they bought it for and buy a 3G iPad.
It's only those wifi only owners who feel the need to "put down" the 3G model to justify their purchase of the wifi only model. They need to convince themselves that the 3G model is pointless when in reality they would prefer one themselves otherwise they wouldn't make a negative comment about it at all.

Mach1.8

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
Not a day goes by that I don't run into someone at work or in an Apple store who sees that I've got the 3G model and makes some snide comment like "Oh, I have the wi-fi model.....that 3G is useless.....I always have good wi-fi".

I'm cool with wi-fi people being proud of their decision, but please, do they have to try to make us feel like we overspent on something useless just because they regret their decision?

BJ
Wow, you've got it rough! I know exactly one other person who even has an iPad.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I mainly got wifi only because I rarely use 3G and when I do it's tethered to phone, I want a 3G just because I can ......sorta like if I want a cookie I can have one and spoil my dinner......

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
It's the wifi only owners who feel the need to "put down" the 3G model to justify their purchase of the wifi only model. They need to convince themselves that the 3G model is pointless when in reality they would prefer one themselves otherwise they wouldn't make a negative comment about it at all.
I believe that some people indeed need only WIFI, but these are people who are comfortable with their purchase and realize that people have different needs and habits. However, we are rightly suspicious of the true motive of those who seem to go out of their way to criticize other people's purchase.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
Very little wi-fi in the fine city of Nashville, so I am a bit bummed. However, $30 a month would also bum me out.

I am maybe a little bit jealous . . . just don't tell my 32gig wi-fi iPad!!!!!

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
It's the wifi only owners who feel the need to "put down" the 3G model to justify their purchase of the wifi only model. They need to convince themselves that the 3G model is pointless when in reality they would prefer one themselves otherwise they wouldn't make a negative comment about it at all.
3G owners put down the wifi only model to justify their purchase and make them feel like they did not waste $130 on something they won't use. See anyone can make up some BS about the other model. Both models serve a purpose. Honestly I find it hard to believe many of these people exist or the OP needs to spend less time at the Apple store.

Buck987

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2010

BJ
Day dream much

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
I'll admit that I got the 32gb wifi because I was too impatient to wait for the 3G. I had intended to sell it when the 3G models became more readily available. But now I may think twice about updating until next years model (which hopefully includes an iSight). I just find I don't use it away from wifi as much, and if I did, my iPhone will be able to access that information. In a pinch I could also use MyWi. Now if I did not have an iPhone, I would be all over that 64GB 3G!

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Who cares what others say about it? It is not like they insulted your mom, kicked your dog, and "boinked" your girlfriend. Just ignore them.

Gidiyup

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Texas
People are probably trying to justify in their own mnds why they only got the Wifi model and not the 3G. I'm sure it makes them feel better to say something silly like that to you...

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
So I take it none of you have seen any posts by Bolt before this thread?
Just read some of his posts which lead me to believe his whole jealousy story is fake. I think he is actually having second thoughts and made up this story to make himself feel better. He lives in a world where everyone is jealous of his iPad and it makes him feel more secure about his purchase. Seriously how can anyone be jealous of a product that is almost identical other than one feature? $130 is not pocket change but it's not the end of the world either. This is not a Camry driver being jealous of a Ferrari driver. I call fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.