The World of Trump (WoT)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Huntn, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The end justifies the means is alive and well in the Trump White House: Trump tells McConnell to go nuclear on the Gorsuch nomination.

Trump Says ‘Go Nuclear’ as Democrats Gird for Gorsuch Fight

Also I listened Trump's statement regarding the fallen soldier and am really getting sick of how amazing things are in the WOT (world of trump). The raid was planned under the Obama Administration, but possibly significantly, he never approved it, so it's not an adequate excuse to try to divert responsibility to the previous Administration. Btw, when you piss off a bunch of people that work for you, you'll see more of these type of articles.

U.S. Military Sources Claim Trump Approved Yemen Strike Without Enough Preparation

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The second article is concerning, meaning that I don't really believe the sensationalism behind it. I would hope that our military doesn't brief a president and whoever is in the Situation Room without enough information. Actually, I don't believe that even high rank officers are briefed without "enough preparation" because this would mean that it is an all-across the military problem. It's not that the POTUS or anyone in the White House basements designs the mission...
    Unfortunately it was a special-op that didn't go exactly as planned. It happens, that's why those guys are trained for years before being sent to do what they do. Even during the Osama Bin Laden raid one of the most secretive and most advanced helicopters (we don't know anything about it yet) was shot down - luckily no soldier died in that case as the support Osprey was able to get them out in time.

3. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I agree War/combat = soldiers dying. An article like this can indicate unhappiness in the DoD for a variety of reasons, Trump stepping on toes, unhappy people, politics, or giving the go while ignoring warnings of caution, based on inadequate current intel. I can't say which, however it was said on Morning Joe this morning that when you are alienating the people who work for you and your allies, you are asking for heartache and some degree of disloyalty, people who won't automatically stand by every decision you make. Is it avoidable, based on the agenda, doing things Trump's way? ...maybe not. ;)

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The White House said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s reported suggestion to the Mexican president that the U.S. would send troops to control the “bad hombres down there” was “lighthearted.” (Link)
    ... :oops:

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That just follows the campaign where every time candidate Trump got into trouble he and his campaign managers would write everything off as one big joke. But it wasn't at the time. That is just revisionist history and backspin. Now that flippent attitude has been extended into the serious business of the White House. It's ridiculous.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

and as I said, context is quite important, as we all know here when people use sarcasm and some don't get it.
    (However, I still don't see any official comment from the WH)

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

This is diplomacy with someone I don't think he's buddies with.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

It depends what they were saying - if he said that - and the context, the tone, etc. That's exactly why they never release transcripts of phone calls or conversations. There's no need to be best buddies.

9. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

It did not strike me as the thing to say to anyone who you are not friendly with, especially with the wall BS going on.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

During the cold war when nukes were actually ready to fly, behind doors they joked about nukes, spying on each other etc, I don't think that this is a big deal (if confirmed). A 5 seconds snip of a 60+ minutes long conversation, without context, is completely meaningless.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I really disagree here. You don't make jokes like that with someone you don't get on with.

On the other hand:
    IMG_0186.PNG

Is this really true? @vrDrew didn't think so.

It all feels very odd.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

We'll agree to disagree, at least to a certain extent. All I am saying is simply that we don't know the terms the two guys talk one another AND we do not know the context. As far as we know when they met and talked on the phone they joked from minute one. On the other hand, the opposite could be true, exactly as it might be possible that just 30 seconds earlier Nieto said: "You gringos, I will send all my gangs there to kill you all," to which Trump replied in harsh tones. Who knows what happened?!?
    I would not give much weight to Rogue POTUS staff. There is no way that a true rogue account from someone close to the White House could last more than a few hours. All Secret Service, NSA, FBI, and DHS would be on it.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Time stamps on the Supreme Court justice thing are much closer to the media announcement than I thought. Still think it is odd, but I'm inclined to agree with your assessment. Either way it's very weird.

14. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

You mean Nixon joked with Khrushchev about letting them fly, har har? :rolleyes: There is a difference here, Mexico is treated like a second class citizen and was bad mouthed during Trump's Campaign. Oh, I'll send my troops to invade your country, haw haw, just kidd'n. o_O

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Agreed. It doesn't belong to anyone near the White House.

16. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Now officially known as the 2017 Chaos Presidency:

After 2 Weeks In Office, Trump Faces More Than 50 Lawsuits

Donald Trump has been president for two weeks, and he is already facing dozens of lawsuits over White House policies and his personal business dealings. That's far more than his predecessors faced in their first days on the job. The lawsuits started on Inauguration Day, and they haven't let up.

... no problem, he's used to it. :oops:

17. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Why he tweeted "SEE YOU IN COURT" he spends so much time there.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He should live in a court house, not the White House. :D

19. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Nah, he really needs to spend some time in the Big House.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Even better. I'm thinking the max penalty of ten years for violating the Cuban embargo sounds about right and would solve a lot of problems. :D

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You can't sue and obstruct while complaining about there being too many lawsuits and the administration moving too slow.

22. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Get this folks, Hillary was trashed for lax security.

Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear 'football' briefcase

Not only that, but it was reported that Trump and aides were looking over what can assumed to be sensitive documents about the N. Korean missile launch, over dinner with guests at Mar Lago and the Japanese Prime Minister. Now that's secure. :rolleyes::oops:

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Maybe after they played bingo using the launch codes too. :D

24. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Related to Trump's visit to Paris, France for Bastille Day 2017, they've (MSNBC) been talking about Jim, Trump's imaginary friend who he trots out as his alter ego, or heaven forbid, an actual imaginary friend! :eek: Some research:

Trump in Paris: The curious case of his friend Jim
    Jim’s biggest moment in the spotlight was during a high-profile Trump speech in February at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland. Trump explained that Jim “loves the City of Lights, he loves Paris. For years, every year during the summer, he would go to Paris. It was automatic, with his wife and his family.”

25. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Trump The Charmer (or Fill In The Blank).

Trump, in France, Tells Brigitte Macron, ‘You’re in Such Good Shape’

And then (People Magazine) You're not going anywhere. ;)

[​IMG]
    But on Thursday, as France’s first couple welcomed Trump and wife Melania to Paris, the two leaders shared a simple, firm handshake — and it was Brigitte Macron who got caught in Trump’s now infamous “grab and yank” power grip.

Trump first kissed Brigitte Macron European-style, once on each cheek, before grasping both her hands for several seconds and jerking her left arm toward him.