The Woz Backs Rosie?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dylan, Apr 5, 2007.

1. dylan macrumors 6502

Look in the comments box.

http://supportrosie.com/

Think it's really him? Probably not but who knows. I'm really just trying to get the word out.

Please sign the petition if you support free speech.

EDIT: Looks like the box is dynamic... Trust me his name was on there.

There is another petition here: http://keeprosie.com/

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I am all for free speech and all and I would support keeping Rosie on the air without question...but having said that, why she would want to go on air making such a fool of herself is another question...the rubbish that she spews is absurd sometimes and she really ought to check her *facts* before going on air....oh yeah!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Numerous civil and mechanical engineers have agreed with the reports on why the towers fell. I seriously doubt that people with no training in the field, and no direct access to the debris would ever be able to find proof of their claims contrary to the report, if it even existed.

That said, if Rosie is fired, I would hope it's not because of some group trying to silence her for questions about 9/11.

4. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

How about because she seems just plain stupid at times?

5. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree but in this case she was just bringing up valid questions that are rarely raised on mainstream television. Questions that still haven't been properly answered. And they say she should be fired and even hung?

Many have claimed otherwise as well, with debris as evidence and credentials to back it up.

Have you bothered to take a look at the other side or do you just believe what the mainstream corporate media spoon-feeds you? I realize that her phrasing was horrid (Fire does melt steel, but those flames? Highly unlikely) but she did bring up solid points.

6. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

I do like Rosie because she mentions things outside the box or what we want to hear, I think society treats of xenophobia about what she talks about. I mean for someone to say shes stupied, with out giving reason why is proving her point of people just accepting what they are told and shutting down their minds. Although shes not best example when her views is contradicted, she mentions issues that no one does.

my two cents

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...oh c'mon...the last thing I put any credibility in is the mainstream media (msm) - they are only out for ratings and advertising $$ and have very little interest in facts and truth...heheh...no so much different than Rosie actually.

I'd have a look at this - http://maddox.xmission.com/ it is a parody of course but it really does make a point about all these conspiracy theorists out there and the *truly* scientifically unsubstantiated crap they spew. I mean really...I don't like the current USA administration and if I lived there and had a vote it would have been for them, but if the best the opposition can do is wild crappola like what Rosie is saying then they really cannot put forth a viable alternate, and perpetuating that garbage just has the opposite affect of what they desire - a change in gov't. Stop the crap and be realistic or else it'll just be more of the same from the next guy that gets elected...oh yeah!

(oooh...this ought to be moved to the political forum now!)

8. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually they are interested in more than ratings and advertising revenue but I won't get into that as you are obviously in no frame of mind to accept it.

I highly suggest you educate yourself a little more. Here are some good videos that will change your mind:

TerrorStorm (Motivation and History)
    9/11 Mysteries (Evidence)
    Money as Debt (Means)
    FEMA Camp (Future)

Please put aside some time to watch them in their entirety and with an open mind, I think you will be surprised.

I'm no fan of Rosie but if she can get support hopefully it will lead to more people going public, before it's too late.

Looks that way.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

We've done the "9/11 conspiracy" topic in the Political forum a number of times, and most of us remain largely underwhelmed, mainly because (a) others have come along and debunked those conspiracy theories, and (b) because some of those conspiracy theorists (Alex Jones, anybody?) claim some really absurd things, such as Arnold Schwartzenegger being part of an Nazi conspiracy against the U.S.

As for Rosie (and yeah, this is headed for the Political forum), I don't agree with her on this issue, but I admire her for saying bold things that make the Establishment* uncomfortable. She's right a lot more than she is wrong.

Remember that time Rosie had that little dustup with Barbara Walters? Not so much a fight, but Walters was trying to get Rosie to tone down her rhetoric. I remember seeing Fox News the next day, and all the talk was about how she was toast, she was going to be fired.

Well, not only is she still there, saying frank, honest things, but I've flipped past Fox several times over the past few weeks, and they're still talking about, "Oh, Rosie's gonna get fired for this one!" Wishful thinking on their part. I don't hear anyone else in the media bitching about Rosie except Fox. They have a fixation about her. :rolleyes:

(* What can I say, I grew up in the sixties and seventies. At least I didn't call them The Man. ;) )

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Would Woz really be out there in the e-world calling himself "woz". His username is probably something like "chikpea69" or "chakachan333"

rosie

11. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Oh jeez. I watched "9/11 mysteries" and I was surprised. Surprised at how bad it was.

Let's see; contradictory claims throughout, dubious experts, misuse of terms, misinterpretation of terms, strategic editing of interviews, strategic use of music and phrasing, etc.

You can read a whole thread in the political forum specifically about this movie. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=287929 It's just total tripe. The best part is the woman narrating that film is the maker of the movie and during a radio interview she "proves" explosives were used to collapse the tower because she can't say clunkity-clunk often enough in the nine seconds it took for the tower to fall. Puh-lease.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I doubt he does. But with that said, I certainly do not care if they keep her or get rid of her. She is not completely intelligent, but she is entitled to voice her opinion. Everyone does it here and collectively the things I see voiced on these boards is no more intelligent than what she says. Who the hell cares is all I say.

13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...oh c'mon...can't you do any better than that crappola??? And you tell ME to get educated and keep and open mind...what a joke...oh yeah!

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

See what can happen when ya don't keep the shiny side out?

:D, 'Rat

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes: Good things your were to guide us!

Noone is going to listen to you if that all your going to say!

16. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Woz? Rosie? Who?:confused:
    Only thing that bugs me is that b.s. gets more air time than the real deal.:rolleyes:

17. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Sure, read "Tragedy and Hope" by Carroll Quigley or watch the movie "Money Masters". princealfie posted a good paper on 9/11.

What didn't you agree with? Did you watch them in their entirety like I asked? It does seem ridiculous at first but it starts to make more an more sense as you learn more and make the connections. You have to understand that you have been conditioned to disregard all this as "crappola", as you so elegantly put it. I would have said the same things 5 years ago, albeit less arrogantly.

All of them have their faults of course but the purpose is to put questions in your head so you can go find answers. I never said they were the be all end all of videos but they are definitely a good starting point, as long as you take them with a grain of salt and check with other sources.

How do you explain the molten metal spewing out of the towers? Do you really think those red hued flames were hot enough to liquify metal?

How do you explain their 'pancake' collapse? If ordinary fire caused this why do people hire demolition crews? I could accept one incident as being a freak occurrence but three in the same day? Is that not the least bit fishy?

Is it not the least bit suspicious that Silverstein took out huge insurance policies, specifically including terrorist attacks, just before the incident?

Perhaps the biggest question of all... Why were the planes not intercepted?

It is a fact that the Federal Reserve is privately owned. Is it not safe to assume that these owners have an extraordinary amount of influence in the US government? Here's what Woodrow Wilson had to say...

What do you make of E. Howard Hunt's confession of being behind the Kennedy assassination? For forty years anyone who has mentioned that connection has been labelled a nut. Watch the movie JFKII to learn of the implications of that admittance.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time of my time on this thread. If you could find some way to prove me wrong I would be greatly relieved, but so far your arguments are pretty weak.

As an aside... What the hell am I doing wasting my time arguing with someone who calls himself "Duff-Man"? I need to get some sleep...

18. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Thanks Dylan for the props.

I didn't really subscribe much into the so-called conspiracy theories until Prof. Steven Jones popped up on the scene. I began to realize the sinister nature of the whole works.

Sadly enough, we don't like to believe in conspiracy theories because we think them to be too easy and too pat an explanation. But that's how thieves work. They steal right in front of our faces.

Let's see... Stolen gold recovered quicker than dead bodies...
    Two planes, three buildings.

The math doesn't add up. That's alright. I learned that it's possible to have 1 + 1 = 3 sometimes.

19. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Yeah, I saw that South Park episode too.:rolleyes:

20. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks to you for the support. I'm glad to see someone is awake in here.

It really is fascinating how it all works. If you refuse to accept the 'conspiracy theories' look into them anyway and treat them as fiction. Who knows? You might just realize how much sense it all makes. If not, at least it was entertaining. All you have to lose is time and I think I'm safe in assuming anyone spending time on this forum has some to kill.

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Lesson One: How to Win Friends and Influence People.

22. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Indeed, it's ironic that elements of various "conspiracy theories" ask the right questions. They may not have the right answers but I doubt that the 9/11 commission report is 100% (or even close) accurate.

Fiction? Well, honestly doesn't the official report read better than fiction? At least I laughed at the Kenneth Starr report.

23. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Let's fire Rosie, who has no political power at all, for espousing a conspiracy theory based on little or no evidence. Effects of her statement = mild outrage.

But at the same time, lets allow the President to remain in office, after he espoused an even more ridiculous theory on the basis of even weaker evidence (WMDs anyone?), and this resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, a country in ruins, a major destabilization of the international order, and a major headache in the world's major oil producing region.

Let's get some perspective...

24. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Right on brother right on!