The young Americans trying to stop Ireland from voting Yes to abortion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sim667, May 25, 2018.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/23/...ferendum-american-campaigners-intl/index.html

2. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

3. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Because killing unborn people is something to be proud of.:rolleyes:

4. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

Neither is a country that has school shootings on a monthly basis, and refuses to do anything about it, apart from suggesting "more guns", "fortify schools".

:rolleyes:

5. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

All of east Africa. LGBT Ugandans have literally been beaten to death thanks to American “Christians” peddling their hate.

6. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Why is Ireland allowing foreigners to influence their political process? If it were up to me they would be thrown out and barred from re-entry.

7. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

It's not the "country" that refuses to do "anything". It's that damnedable Congress.

Anyway, just because "something" should be done, doesn't mean we're willing to accept "anything".

8. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

They've been lying to immigration and entering on tourist visa's.
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2018 ---
    I very much doubt many if any people who have an abortion are "proud" of it.

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It is not people, it is bundle of cells. Quite a huge difference.

10. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I don't know, they seem to be, it's their right to choose and all that.
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2018 ---
    You know, if left untreated, zygotes will grow to be people.:rolleyes:

11. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

So let women exercise their choice and stay out of their business. The vast majority of women don't have abortions for ***** and giggles; they have abortions for good legitimate reasons.

12. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Not your womb, not your decision.

13. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I'm not in their business, are they selling something?

In the US the vast majority of abortions happen as a mater of ex-post facto birth control, and these "services" seem to be disproportionally targeted at the poor and minorities.

14. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

Go on then, indulge us.......

Ok, so Zygotes aren't people..... problem solved, killing a few cells is fine.

15. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Kill all you want, that's between you and your God, not me and the State.

Their just isn't a perfect solution to the abortion issue, that doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't be able to express their views on the issue, so long as they don't get a vote in what other nations decide to do on it.

16. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Does this only apply in the case of abortion, or are you OK with collusion between electoral candidates and foreign governments and/or organisations? That is, after all, another aspect of expressing their views without having a vote.

(P.S. No god, that’s just Santa with extra brainwashing)

17. Stella macrumors G3

Stella

Link please to back up your claim.

You absolutely are in their business, you are attempting to have control over their bodies, like those rich white men in your government.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Ireland isn't allowing them, anymore than America allowed Russia. When you don't see it coming, it happens.

Love the zygote comment. In the "business" we called it "product of conception." The pro-birthers really push the envelope sometimes.

19. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Well, then you and your lack of God.

Foreign government way in on issue in other nations all the time, they kibitz, they even go so far as to lay sanctions and persuade others to lay sanctions. I think it's ok, so long as it's one the up and up, meaning it's clearly apparent to everyone that that is what is going on.

Russia didn't make the US so damed important, our Congress handing out billions and billions, and thinking our military should be used as the police of the world did.

Our system is totally corrupted not by outside influence, but by the means corporations and vastly wealthy able are to basically write our laws, laws that favor them.

There shouldn't be this quid pro quo, and I don't think allowing any politician to conspire with anyone to win an election is a good thing. I'd rather see political contributions limited to $5 per registered voter, and all political ads mover to a .vote domain on the web.

I think corporations, people, nations, should be able to express their views on anything under the sun, so long as it's clearly stated who paid for the ad.

20. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

21. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I prefer to view the uplifting videos of those returning from every continent - by train, ferry, plane, at their own time and expense - in considerable numbers to vote "yes", many sporting 'repeal' pullovers as they land.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's up to their citizens, I'm pro-choice but with strict limitations. I'm perfectly OK with most of Europe capping abortions at 12 weeks.

23. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Me too, however that photo and the reporters comment about American accents is one of many bits of evidence about the U.S. religious nutters involvement in the vile "no" campaign.

24. bmac4 macrumors 601

bmac4

Just like Russian’s didn’t have an issue screwing up our election. This stuff happens everywhere. It’s not just Americans.

25. bmac4 macrumors 601

bmac4

“which places the right to life of an unborn child on equal footing with that of the mother” this is complete and utter garbage. The things people justify in what they call equality is beyond imagination. It’s no longer humans on this earth, but a bunch of savages. Whatever is the most convenient for me and causes me the least amount of problems. Let’s do things that way. Sounds great .