There are no Macs on the Apple Store's Top Sellers list!

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Doesn't this strike you as being strange, on both the US and UK Apple stores, no macintosh computer makes the top 10 sellers.

Perhaps Apple should reinvent their hardware line :p.. oh wait, that's MacTel.

MacAficionado

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2002
An awesome place
I don't think you realize how much they sell of all the other stuff in that list.
Go to Amazon and search>Top Sellers>Electronics>Desktop or Notebook computers.

Also the best selling book is a book on Mac OS X.

The Halo is working. :)

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
SpaceMagic said:
Doesn't this strike you as being strange, on both the US and UK Apple stores, no macintosh computer makes the top 10 sellers.

seems completely reasonable to me. What are you going to sell more of, computers that cost thousands of dollars and are split among several product lines, or ipods and the accessories that go with them. And look at the financials from apple this quarter. In terms of volume, iPods trounce macs in terms of units sold. Again, that's no unexpected since they sell them to PC users as well and own 75-80% of that market.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Well just for your knowledge, Macs usually make up at least two of the top sellers list.

Perhaps it's because they've got some pretty good deals on other 3rd party products.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
SpaceMagic said:

I agree with you. You would at least expect one or two Macs to be on the top 10 list.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i see iMac sometime at the bottom of the list, but the iPod smokes them, i see sportswrap iPod by xtermemac winning over all macs right now. BUt tiger is 9, the shuffle is down, to 4 the iPod is 2 and iPod mini 1, the mini is always up there