there-are-no-police

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/08/16/there-are-no-police-ferguson-store-owners-forced-fend-looters

Looters in Ferguson, Mo., were met with little police resistance Friday night and store owners say they were forced to protect their businesses with their own guns, Fox2Now.com reported.

"I think the first message is to remind all law enforcement that they are hired to serve and protect and if they’re going to sit back and watch looting, they're not serving us; they’re not protecting us," Pastor Robert White told the station.

A reporter from the station tweeted that police cars were seen driving past some of the stores being looted and did not respond. It rained in Ferguson Friday night and protesters could be seen outside until 6 a.m.
police are not legally obligated to protect you. If there are looting/riots it's up to you to defend yourself. There are times when morons riot simply because their favorite team won/lost

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
police are not legally obligated to protect you. If there are looting/riots it's up to you to defend yourself. There are times when morons riot simply because their favorite team won/lost

Wow the flamebait is high

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Makes no difference what I "think" it is. The justices ruled on the protection part. Did you try to read the posted link?

I read it. It doesn't mean I agree. Again, what do you think the job of the police is supposed to be?

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Oddly, when the Police came out in force they were damned for being to vigilant in their response to the threat. Now, when the police stay out of the looter's way, they are damned for that. This is a no win situation for them.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
That doesn't say it isn't their job, just that it isn't a "constitutional duty".

It can be their job without being a constitutional duty.
See post 11. Even when it's their job they are not there. Your safety is your responsibility. Store owners are defending themselves with guns

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
There is middle ground between not reacting and overreacting.
Explain that to us. Do they wear riot gear? After all, last night bottles were being thrown. Do they use tear gas to disperse the crowds? Well, the governor declared a state of emergency now so there will be a curfew. Anyone out after the curfew will be arrested.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Explain that to us. Do they wear riot gear?
Riot gear is different from full-on paramilitary rambo gear. Give them a helmet & face shield and a billy club like riot police. They don't need armored personnel carriers, guys in full camo fatigues with sniper rifles and AR-15s pointed at unarmed civilians.

After all, last night bottles were being thrown.
And? Cops afraid they might scratch their nail polish or something? As long as they have a riot helmet with a face shield a little bottle isn't going to do anything.

Do they use tear gas to disperse the crowds? Well, the governor declared a state of emergency now so there will be a curfew. Anyone out after the curfew will be arrested.
Police state back in action. And people still claim this is a "free" country. That's comical.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
And? Cops afraid they might scratch their nail polish or something? As long as they have a riot helmet with a face shield a little bottle isn't going to do anything.
So, they should allow people to throw bottles at them? What happens when the bottles are filled with gasoline? Or they throw bricks. Now that there is a curfew anyone out at night will be arrested as a law breaker. No more gray.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
So, they should allow people to throw bottles at them? What happens when the bottles are filled with gasoline? Or they throw bricks.
Tase the guy who threw the bottle and arrest him?

What happens when you run out of hypothetical situations? You asked the difference between over-reacting and not reacting at all and I answered that. I'm not going to waste my time having some ******** circular argument about hypothetical situations.

Now that there is a curfew anyone out at night will be arrested as a law breaker. No more gray.
Submit to your masters.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Tase the guy who threw the bottle and arrest him?

What happens when you run out of hypothetical situations? You asked the difference between over-reacting and not reacting at all and I answered that. I'm not going to waste my time having some ******** circular argument about hypothetical situations.

Submit to your masters.
Not sure it's wise to be out there protesting while there are riots & looting going on.